What's the best small p to carry

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my sig p238, its a tiny 380 in 1911 style. A bit pricy but well worth it. Take a look at mouseguns website for a very complete list of small guns. There are 2 or 3 9mm options in nearly this small a package, the new ruger LC9, if you like guns with 2 inch long trigger pulls.

Depends on how you define a pocket pistol too, the above are "classic" pocket pistols with the LC9 being borderline. I can get a beretta px4 subcompact 40 caliber in most of my pockets, but thats really pushing the size of your clothing... its the most gun in the least space I could find (the kel tec p-40 is in the same category, as is the Cz rami, and other subcompacts that can, just barely, be made to fit into a pocket with some creativity).

what does this have to do with Events and Gatherings? Just wondering.

I would go with the Sig P238, but I carry a 1911 full time so I am accustomed to the thumb safety. I believe a thumb safety on a carry gun must be practiced to the point where it is second nature to deactivate the safety when drawing. If not it can become more of a liability to your safety than a true safety measure. If not I would go with the Khar 380. It can be price prohibitive to some though, I wouldnt hesistate to get the Ruger LCP, I've heard good things. I lean towards the semi-auto because my pockets arent big enough for a revolver, if yours are, then I would surely do as DaddyO said and carry a 38 special

what does this have to do with Events and Gatherings? Just wondering.

I would go with the Sig P238, but I carry a 1911 full time so I am accustomed to the thumb safety. I believe a thumb safety on a carry gun must be practiced to the point where it is second nature to deactivate the safety when drawing. If not it can become more of a liability to your safety than a true safety measure. If not I would go with the Khar 380. It can be price prohibitive to some though, I wouldnt hesistate to get the Ruger LCP, I've heard good things. I lean towards the semi-auto because my pockets arent big enough for a revolver, if yours are, then I would surely do as DaddyO said and carry a 38 special

The sig is pricy too. If you like the LCP, look at the kel-tec too, same gun for less. If you can get a 38 in your pocket with 5-6 shots, you can get my 40 in there with 12 or 13 or whatever it holds, or a variety of subcompact 9mm in the same size.

When I go to any events and gatherings, I have a pistol in my pocket... I totally see a connnection.

Edited by Jonnin

LCP. I've had both the LCP and the keltec. I'd give the LCP a slight edge over the keltec. No specific reason for me, I just seem to shoot and handle it better. Usually rides in a small belt slide for me. And is very easily concealed by a loose shirt.