Black Panthers in the smokey mountains????

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluemax

Thats because of the grease from the chicken...seriously, this post has 149 replies a good number of which cllaim to have seen a black panther or at least a big cat. I can't possibly believe ALL of these guys are BS'ing us. Has anyone ever seriously considered going in the woods with the sole purpose of hunting a big cat ..whatever the color ?? mIght take a little more than sitting around a fire, drinking beer and playing rabbit calls ???

with a camera of course

Thats because of the grease from the chicken...seriously, this post has 149 replies a good number of which cllaim to have seen a black panther or at least a big cat. I can't possibly believe ALL of these guys are BS'ing us. Has anyone ever seriously considered going in the woods with the sole purpose of hunting a big cat ..whatever the color ?? mIght take a little more than sitting around a fire, drinking beer and playing rabbit calls ???

with a camera of course

they are so elusive they hunt at night it would be easier to find bigfoot lol

Guest mosinon

I guess I'm just overly skeptical, a real doubting thomas. I can think of a cryptid I've actually seen and touched. There are plenty of pictures of this thing. I've heard the tell tale vocalizations in real life. There are thousands of pictures of this thing and yet very few of my friends believe me when I say I saw it. Though, I know a few folks who do believe the thing is real. Crap, there are several movies about this thing. I think you could find a carcass if you looked hard enough. Let me find a pic for you...

Bm6bz.jpg

By the way, I doubt anyone is lying when they saw they saw a black panther or bigfoot, I suspect they are just as human as the rest of us.

......seriously, this post has 149 replies a good number of which cllaim to have seen a black panther or at least a big cat. I can't possibly believe ALL of these guys are BS'ing us. .....

Maybe 80% of the world claims to believe in something they've never even seen. Sort of the opposite of this thread's theme. Of course, the small percentage that HAVE claimed to see God are pretty much classed as loons.

- OS

Guest Bluemax
Maybe 80% of the world claims to believe in something they've never even seen. Sort of the opposite of this thread's theme. Of course, the small percentage that HAVE claimed to see God are pretty much classed as loons.

- OS

Ohshoot, I consider you not only a friend but a gentleman and scholar, but l'm not sure how God fits in to this thred

Guest mosinon
Ohshoot, I consider you not only a friend but a gentleman and scholar, but l'm not sure how God fits in to this thred

I can see the connection. One thing lacks any credible evidence but people really want to believe in it so they insist they saw it. Still, even though it is implausible, it is possible.And at some point it is provable. The other thing is called religion.

I can see the connection. One thing lacks any credible evidence but people really want to believe in it so they insist they saw it. Still, even though it is implausible, it is possible.And at some point it is provable. The other thing is called religion.

I'm glad that you clarified which you were talking about because that post could have gone either way...

It's a lot easier to find reasons why something can't be true, I guess?

Living in east TN all my life, I've heard many different stories about things that just doesn't seem right. And yet many things we know to be true have never been seen. Many people has never seen the Whippoorwill because it's nocturnal... yet anyone outside the city knows it's there by the call it makes on a Summer night.

Even by having trusted friends to tell me about seeing big cats, I always had it in my mind that maybe they were wrong, or didn't really see what they thought.

When I saw that black cat last Thursday night, my first thought was... Day'am ! It IS true!!

Oh... you ever see a pure white squirrel or deer?

Not religion, just a belief in a God. Different subjects, though one is generally based on the other.

But Mosey pretty much got the connection. That and the fact that homo sapiens doesn't need empirical evidence to believe certain things on either individual or even cultural level.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest Bluemax
Not religion, just a belief in a God. Different subjects, though one is generally based on the other.

But Mosey pretty much got the connection. That and the fact that homo sapiens doesn't need empirical evidence to believe certain things on either individual or even cultural level.

- OS

So based on this and what I have learned from " An Idiot's Guide To Freud " I assume you were told at an early age that Santa does not exist ???:cool:

Just Joking of course but seriously, the world would be a far more interesting place with a few of these " questionable" creatures sharing space with us. Granted I can't claim to have seen a Black Panther but I do know someone that does and he is just not the kind of person that would just dream this up...and not playing the age card but I would expect a prank from someone in their youth but a lot of people who have posted on this are old enough to be taken seriously. It all boils down to one thing before anyone's stories will be taken seriously we need hard proof not stories, but until then I will keep hoping that happens

... but seriously, the world would be a far more interesting place with a few of these " questionable" creatures sharing space with us. ...

Oh totally agree. Wish there were Yetis, Catawampi, MothMen, whatever. They're really no more rare than a Black Cougar and equally well documented. ;)

Certainly not much stranger than some creatures we DO have. The duck-billed platypus comes to mind.

- OS

Certainly not much stranger than some creatures we DO have. The duck-billed platypus comes to mind.

- OS

I wish I could find it, but there is a joke about a platypus is what happened with a committee got together to deisgn a duck.

I've told many people at work about seeing that big black cat. Many who work there are from around Tellico, Polk county, or across the line in Georgia.

Most acted like it wasn't any news to them, because they had seen one or more over the years, or their family or friends had.

I'm starting to think, that they maybe hidden in plain site!!?