Hey guitar players and lovers alike!!

Caster

First off, being a tone deaf guitar music lover, I'd just like to tell all you players that I hate you all.

I'd give ANYTHING to play like this.

Seriously though.

I was digging around for something new to listen to. Maybe I'm the last guy to hear about this kid [ohh yes, kid!!!] from S.Korea, but for any who haven't heard of Sungha Jung....YOU HAVE GOT TO TAKE THE TIME TO HEAR THIS!!!!!!!

I don't know what to say. I'm blown away. He was born 1996!!!!!

Sungha Jung's Official site

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing. I had never heard of him either.

I am amazed at how some kids can pick things up so quickly and make it look so easy. I remember several years back I saw a video of a young girl playing Joe Satriani's Surfing With The Alien. I felt like total crap that she made it look it easy, and it had taken me years to build up the ability to play it.

Yup, thanks Dave. I've watched everyone I could find on the interwebz. I'm just amazed.

In the past few years I have grown to love nothing but instrumental guitar music. Satch started all of it for me. Now the list is growing. I was born a metal head, but I really don't listen to much of it anymore. I really don't care what "style" it is, if there's is serious God given talent, I'm listening to it. I'll listen to the radio some in the car, but for listening because I really want to listen, I don't care if I NEVER hear anyone else sing. I love stuff like this and I wonder why I haven't been listening to it all these years.

Yes he does! I think he'll go far for two reasons. Talent is obvious, but the other reason is he puts himself out there and loves to be out there. You can see the look on the little fellar's face, he loves what he's doing. That makes it even more impressive to me.

Guest Jamie

Yup, the kid's good... It's amazing what a young mind and nimble fingers can do with a little practice.

Oh, and Caster...

First off, being a tone deaf guitar music lover, I'd just like to tell all you players that I hate you all.

I'd give ANYTHING to play like this.

... maybe you just need somebody to lend a couple of helping hands, with your guitar-playing. :D

Edited by Jamie
  • 9 months later...

Well Sungha, I found you a girlfriend, you'll just have to wait a few years 'till she's a bit older.

I don't know whether to be amazed or disgusted. She's a beautiful kid though with the potential to go far. How many of you guys that's been playing for years can play this? :D

1ED3C6C

....and check this out too. I caught the episode of Ellen this kid debuted on. Hilarious.

Good metal will never die with kids like this coming in!!!

Check out the long haired guy late in video playing the Les Paul style guitar. That's Gus G. He is In-frickin-credible!!!!!!!!

Edited by Caster
  • 1 month later...

I've been playing 36 years and have seen a lot of guitar players. Hands down the best player (most versatile, R&B, Jazz, Blues, Country etc.) I have ever seen live was Danny Gatton. Too bad he blew his brains out w/ a shotgun................

The editor of guitar player magazine once said, if he was stranded on a desert island and only able to keep one album (tells you the age of this quote) he would only need one, Danny Gatton. He eventually played with everyone and was completely self taught, yet considered probably one of the best that ever played.

I love this vid because it was way before he made it big.

Have to add for mind blowing electric guitar, nothing beats Eric Johnson's 1st appearance on Austin City Limits back in the 80's.

Wow he looks young here!