Good deals on 9mm ammo right now?

Guest motonut

Guest motonut

My safe is running low on 9mm. .40, 45 and .223 are in good supply but getting light in the 9mm. Yes I reload the .223 and 45 but 9mm doesn't seem to be worth the effort.

Looking to pick up between 500 - 1000 rds. Local WM is getting $10.50 for Fed. 50 rd. box.

FMJ, target ammo.

Humm, looking like the $10.50 WM stuff is a pretty good deal.

Edited by motonut
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can find $9 a box now and then, but $10 is a solid price at this time.

I can reload 9mm for under $5 a box, so its worth it for sure. Uses very little powder, brass is free, $3 a box lead slugs, and primers = good to go. Closer to $4 a box than 5 but give or take a bit. If you want jacketed bullets, its going to cost a bit more -- but *properly* hardened lead is perfectly acceptable even in a glock, its pure/soft lead that causes problems and if you clean the gun, its a non-issue.

Guest HvyMtl

This may sound funny, but check your local Walmart. (Yes, I hate Walmart, as they are partly to blame for the good jobs going to China, but sometimes you just have to hit there for certain items, like ammo...) My local one now carries Federal Ammo, Tula, Remington, and Winchester. Bought Federal for $16.95 /box of 50 brass FMJ in 45. Not too bad. Tula runs a little less, but is in steel case. You are limited to 6 boxes at a time. And they can be a bit funky with the purchase (must show ID, and buy in sporting goods at the one on Nolensville Rd just South of Old Hickory Blvd.)

Another place which can have decent deals is Academy Sporting Goods, if there is one close. Their own Monarch brand is made by Prvi Parisan - Yugo, but good stuff.

Go to gun-deals.com to check prices.

Edited by HvyMtl
might want to check the usammo banner at the top of this site, they have once fired reloads FMJ for 8.45 / 50rnds. Nice to support those who support us.

205.00 SHIPPED FOR 1000

Did this and the product was delivered as advertised in 20 50 round boxes.

Guest motonut
This may sound funny, but check your local Walmart. (Yes, I hate Walmart, as they are partly to blame for the good jobs going to China, but sometimes you just have to hit there for certain items, like ammo...) My local one now carries Federal Ammo, Tula, Remington, and Winchester. Bought Federal for $16.95 /box of 50 brass FMJ in 45. Not too bad. Tula runs a little less, but is in steel case. You are limited to 6 boxes at a time. And they can be a bit funky with the purchase (must show ID, and buy in sporting goods at the one on Nolensville Rd just South of Old Hickory Blvd.)

Another place which can have decent deals is Academy Sporting Goods, if there is one close. Their own Monarch brand is made by Prvi Parisan - Yugo, but good stuff.

Go to gun-deals.com to check prices.

FYI, WM is our shorthand for Walmart. WM WWB is for WalMart Winchester White Box. The WM WWB (50 rd) used to be $9.50 at one of the local stores but now it and the Fed FMJ (50 rd) are $10.50 there. Still seems to be the best buy around though.