Nashvillians

titan14

Food

Merridee's in Franklin is good food. HRH Dumplins is too. Both are close to the square.

+1 for Fat Mo's burgers. Good burger, huge servings, great prices. I love to see when a legal immigrant comes here, works hard, and creates a succesful business.

Things to Do

Franklin has the Carter House and Carnton Plantation if you're interested in the Civil War battle of Franklin.

I've heard the Franklin ghost walks are decent enough. Not New Orleans or Charleston, but not bad.

The Predator's are in the NHL playoffs, if you can score some tickets.

You could head out of Franklin west on Hwy96 then north on the Natchez Trace Pkwy until it ends. A great drive and The Loveless Cafe is there with yummy still-made-from-lard biscuits waiting for you. It shouldn't take more than about 20 minutes to make that drive each way.

Edited by monkeylizard
ETA Natchez Trace & Loveless
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

Yeh, opinions are subjective. Fat Mo's as far as I'm concerned is the best for me.

Those other places you mentioned are out of my way and I stick to what works for me.

Backyard Burgers is my hometown favorite for Clarksville. No Fat Mo's here, although

Moss's Cafe has a great double cheeseburger for home cooking.

Guest mustangdave

Oscar's Taco Shop....6-7 locations...family owned....transplanted from National City / Chula Vista California (suburbs of San Diego)....best fish taco's around...

Guest mustangdave

BBQ....in this order: 1. Martin's BBQ... 2. Judge Bean's BBQ... 3. Micky Roo's BBQ. Now... Hot Diggity Dog...good dogs brauts and sausages...and chicks in tank tops with tattoos....Italian: Savarino's Cucino....hands down.

Guest Drewsett
BBQ....in this order: 1. Martin's BBQ... 2. Judge Bean's BBQ... 3. Micky Roo's BBQ. Now... Hot Diggity Dog...good dogs brauts and sausages...and chicks in tank tops with tattoos....Italian: Savarino's Cucino....hands down.

Martin's and Roo's are good, but are different styles from what I normally like or would call Tennessee barbecue. I haven't had Judge Bean's yet. I would encourage anyone looking for awesome Nashville barbecue to check out Hog Heaven over off West End near Centennial Park. Best I've had in the city since Herbert's in Franklin was closed.

Edited by Drewsett
Guest mustangdave

Martin's BBQ is pretty standard "southern" pig BBQ...another good one is out Highway 70 past Pegram called the Perfect Pig. Mickey Roo's and Judge Bean's are typical Texas BBQ...primarily brisket and sausage.