My First AR

Guest scarabatwork

Guest scarabatwork

My parts kit came in today and I'm off to the gun show in Knoxville tomorrow to buy me a lower! This is my first AR15 and I'm excited to get it up and shooting. I was wondering if there were any parts out there that you folks would recommend I look for at the gun show for my new project tomorrow.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scarabatwork

lol I want to find a sling, a removable handle, some ammo, and a good optic tomorrow. I'm thinking about one of the C-Mores for it. I was also thinking of picking up a quad rail for it as well.

Guest scarabatwork

Yeah, a friend of mine introduced me to the Eotech stuff and I like them a lot. I was thinking of saving my pennies for a trijicon for this project, but thought maybe the C-More would see me through for a couple of hundred bucks while I'm busy saving. (Riiighhht....)

A Rock River NM trigger.

I don't know anything about this trigger. How do they compare with the Chip McCormick?

Guest BigBoostDSM

I just got my LPK and buffer tube stuff in today too :cool:

Picking up my lower from ETS next Friday, then ordering the upper sometime in April.

I plan to add a Magpul CTR in Tan, a Ergo grip in Tan, and an RRA winter trigger gaurd as far as the lower goes. I'll put some tan rail gaurds on the upper to tie the Tan into the whole gun. Yea, I'm pretty excited :D

Guest scarabatwork

Well, I got her put together. I wound up with a Predator Lower and a DPMS stock. I got an Aimshot HG-M1 to put on it for now. I like it pretty well, but I'll have to see how it'll perform. The only thing I didn't get for it were the quad rails that I wanted. I'm thinking about the Wilson Combat rails because I understand that they are rock solid. If anyone knows better though, I'm certainly up for suggestions.

Here are a few pictures of the finished build after a quick dusting with a silicon cloth.

arresized3jq7.th.jpg arresized2ok3.th.jpg arresized1ie1.th.jpg

Go to Yankee Hill Manufacturing for your add ons. Rock River uses the YHM stuff. I have never understood the cost associated with Daniel Defense rails besides they got numbers painted on the slots that I would immediately want to cover up.

Rails, sights, rail additions, they have it all. Don't forget to look at the smooth tubes that you can put just a section of rail on! I have one quad rail but you have to cover them up with covers just to carry the darn things, they will eat your hands up. The smooth free float tubes have threaded holes where you can add a one inch up to 12 inch section of rail for lights, bipod mounts etc. Plus you can hold the damn thing like a rifle!

http://www.yhm.net/

Guest HexHead
A Rock River NM trigger.

How do those compare to the Chip McCormick trigger/hammer assembly?

One of the lowers I have is an RRA and I want to build that one out with their A2 upper, just trying to decide about the trigger group.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Killthewabbit

Nice lookin' build ya got there, Scarab.

I just finished buildin' a 9mm pistol AR. The 5th build for me.

Got a pile of AR-10 parts lyin' in the computer room waitin' for their turn. That will be #6.

The "evil black rifle disease"...while it's not usually fatal, it is terminal.

Guest scarabatwork
Nice lookin' build ya got there, Scarab.

I just finished buildin' a 9mm pistol AR. The 5th build for me.

Got a pile of AR-10 parts lyin' in the computer room waitin' for their turn. That will be #6.

The "evil black rifle disease"...while it's not usually fatal, it is terminal.

Oh, I can't hardly believe I would call it a disease. I mean, its not like its an addictio.....

Oooooohhhh! Look at those rails!!

ar15railsrv7.th.jpg

So... not MUCH of an addiction... :popcorn:

Guest scarabatwork

You know you've got it bad when you haven't even shot the gun yet and you're thinking: "You know, I bet I could make one of these hyper-accurate with a nice 20" barrel upper and..."