Best window tint shop - Memphis area?

Does anyone have any experience with window tinting shops around the memphis/collierville area? I know Camper City in Horn Lake does a good job but that's a long drive. I know it's almost impossible for the tint to be done perfectly but the few I've done turned out looking good with not alot of air or trash under them. I would do it myself but it's in a newer tacoma and I just can't seem to get it cut right. Anyways any recommendations would be great. Thanks!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on Scotts profile on TN Tint he sounds like he would do a good job. I have almost decided on them but am waiting on a response and a quote. I have been quoted between $109 and $140 on a few others but would pay a little more for a job well done. Anyone have any idea what TN Tint usually starts out at? I would just be getting the two side windows and a solid back glass done in either the metallized or ceramic tint based on what they carry. No dyed junk.

They use Llumar tint which I actually prefer. Personally.

My sister is allergic to the sun and SolarTech gives us an installation discount since it's medical related.

What's your reason for Llumar over 3M? (I don't know anything about Llumar other than the fact I've seen it on my buddies car)

TN Tint does do a good job, my buddy used them on his Si. I've just always used SolarTech so I'd recommend them.

Anyone have an opinion on 35% versus 20%. I know the legal limit is 35% and I'm all about following the law but do you think I will be satisfied with 35%? I don't want it so dark I can't see out but do want a little more privacy. I've never had metalized tint so I'm not sure how the looks differ from dyed. Some friends and the installer seem to think I could get away with 20% and never have trouble. If I do ever get pulled over or go through a road block the first thing I do is roll those windows down.

Anyone have an opinion on 35% versus 20%. I know the legal limit is 35% and I'm all about following the law but do you think I will be satisfied with 35%? I don't want it so dark I can't see out but do want a little more privacy. I've never had metalized tint so I'm not sure how the looks differ from dyed. Some friends and the installer seem to think I could get away with 20% and never have trouble. If I do ever get pulled over or go through a road block the first thing I do is roll those windows down.

I've been pulled over a couple times with 20% tint and have never been ticketed for it, but I do always roll the down the windows.

IMO 35% is just slightly different from not being tinted at all.

I've had 15, 20 and 35% on my cars. While 15% was nice, looks good and keeps it cool inside, it was difficult to see sometimes. 20% has been optimal to me for looks and function, but the last time I was in TN Tint, Wes told me the Bartlett cops were cracking down on tint and local inspection stations were giving people a hard time as well so I stuck with 35%. If I had a choice and didn't have to worry about it traveling or in-state, I'd go back to 20%.

I don't think it's any harder to see out of 5% than 35% at night but I've always had 5% on the windows when I was driving, even with my permit, because of my sister's condition.

I think once you go past 20% you will start getting pulled over a lot more. Between my parents and I, we get pulled over a lot just for our tint but once they see our tint exemption stickers most cops won't go any farther than that. However, some do and want to see all the paperwork according to my mom who was pulled over for like 30 minutes one time while the guy called it in to check everything. Depends on the cop you get, what kind of mood they are in, and how you act towards them as to how much they will care about your tint.

I've had 5% on all my vehicles and I've only been stopped once for it.

It's all personal preference my man, to me 35% is like having nothing at all. To some 35% or 20% may be perfect.

P.S. I'm a police officer and even I stay away from Bartlett, if I can. 

I've had 5% on all my vehicles and I've only been stopped once for it.

It's all personal preference my man, to me 35% is like having nothing at all. To some 35% or 20% may be perfect.

P.S. I'm a police officer and even I stay away from Bartlett, if I can. 

B)

Most of us have a rule of thumb - if we can see the driver we couldn't care less. With either one (35 or 20 %) you'll probably survive a trip through Bartlett unscathed. :screwy:

And I second the recommendations for Tennessee Tint.

Man comments like that make me wanna go darker now! haha. The only reason I am considering 35% is the whole inspection thing. I don't have one now since I live in Moscow. I am not planning on moving into Memphis or Bartlett. We will be "in the country" somewhere around here hopefully. I don't expect to ever be pulled over for 20% because it isn't that dark. I just don't know!!

I never got pulled over in Bartlett for my window tint and it's 5% but no tint on the windshield so a lot more light is let in than if the front was tinted. I used to be right across from the station a lot too so I know they saw it.

PS: Jon that doesn't mean you need to pull me over now if I'm ever out that way again and you see me!