HCP waiting time

Guest TennMan

That was straight from the horses mouth.

Which horse? Lisa?

It's always some story.

The point is, background checks or not completed, the law says they must issue within 90 days. And they always will (when 90 days has passed) when you make noise to the DOS commissioner's office, regardless of what's "completed" and what's not.

Of course, this often puts it past the 90 days, which is a violation of TCA. But who's gonna prosecute who? (and there's no penalty stipulated anyway).

- OS

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheBulldog
Which horse? Lisa?

It's always some story.

The point is, background checks or not completed, the law says they must issue within 90 days. And they always will (when 90 days has passed) when you make noise to the DOS commissioner's office, regardless of what's "completed" and what's not.

Of course, this often puts it past the 90 days, which is a violation of TCA. But who's gonna prosecute who? (and there's no penalty stipulated anyway).

- OS

No there is not, and I dealt with Jennifer.

They all are very nice but if they can't push the button and issue it due to the software then the state KNOWINGLY violated our rights to due process in my opinion.

I agree, I believe Ms Knight and the SMALL group of workers they have at the HCP office are just as frustrated as the applicants with the current system.

There is no reason to think they just sit around and arbitrarily delay the process on anyone. Also they all have to answer to someone higher up the food chain than them, they are the ones caught in the middle, getting it from us and the ones above them.

Guest mn32768
I agree, I believe Ms Knight and the SMALL group of workers they have at the HCP office are just as frustrated as the applicants with the current system.

... and instead of the computer system being fixed, the HCP office is getting temp workers who are untrained, misinformed or just plain lie to get you off the phone when you call them.

When i stopped by and saw Mrs. Knight she was very busy and covered up. She

stated under her breath something about the temp workers messing up my paper work to another full time worker. They had piles of folder in front of them. Mrs.

Knight and her other worker were hard at it. She was very nice and helpful.

When i stopped by and saw Mrs. Knight she was very busy and covered up. She

stated under her breath something about the temp workers messing up my paper work to another full time worker. They had piles of folder in front of them. Mrs.

Knight and her other worker were hard at it. She was very nice and helpful.

I never intimated that anyone there wasn't "nice". Even the temp gal who gave me the erroneous "might take 180 days" info was nice about delivering her disinformation.

Just a boondoggle. Exact number of permits seems hard to document, but seems to be at least 50,000 per year last 3 years. At 115 clams per pop, that's approaching $6M/year. Seems they might hire a couple of folks and upgrade the puter system just a little. Or maybe those folks are the highest salaried workers in the state!

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
add'l comments
Guest TheBulldog
I think they ought to hire several more people and definetly upgrade the computer system. I'm sure Ms Knight would like that too....and I'm sure she would if it was up to her.

+1

AND, they really should not have temp workers handling our Private info IE SSN and background checks.

Should one dishonest person get "Ideas" I could see a mass identity fraud happening.

Just MHO

Guest bipe215

Hello all,

I'm new here. Been reading the posts for awhile. Enjoy all the knowledge represented here. I have applied for my permit, was fingerprinted Oct. 1, in Johnson City. Based on what I've read, hope to have my permit by Xmas. Keep you posted.

Steve G

Speaking of upgrading computer systems...

So my story is that I "renewed" my Florida license into being a Tennessee license, and then used my DD214 to demonstrate evidence of pistol safety training - I know, I know, I was just asking for trouble by using multiple exceptions, but it was easier and far cheaper.

Anywise, my 90-day-window closes this weekend, so I gave the office a call. Mrs. Knight was out, but the other lady at the end of the phone line told me my license had been issued today. Shiny.

Got back to my apartment after work, and I had a letter waiting from the DoS indicating that I did not have fingerprints done, so my application was on hold until I got the ink splotches to them. Er... no - my Florida "renewal" was supposed to save me from that. The letter was a week old, but I went ahead and called the office again, and another lady there confirmed that my license had been issued today (she seemed quite enthusiastic about it, actually).

I guess I give it two weeks, and then start raising hell. *sigh* At least my FL is good here.

Went to the HCP permit office today and Mrs. Knight was off. I spoke with a lady named Jennifer. I gave her the documents she requested and she approved issue for my permit. Was told 7 to 10 days. I applied for renewal on 14 May.

Guest TheBulldog
Went to the HCP permit office today and Mrs. Knight was off. I spoke with a lady named Jennifer. I gave her the documents she requested and she approved issue for my permit. Was told 7 to 10 days. I applied for renewal on 14 May.

Jennifer is a good person, she fixed the mess that was made of my app.

Guest TNTgill

I applied on September 26 and got mine back this past Friday October 17. To say the least I wasn't expecting to receive anything that quickly. Another friend applied a few days before me and hasn't heard anything yet.

Guest VTCessnaPilot

Another vote here for Jennifer... just asking her nicely for some help (and not being a jerk) went a long way with her after my permit app got lost twice during my four month nightmare.

Guest Verbal Kint
I hate to ask........

Am I missing something at WalMart? With a permit? Or a inside joke?

WalMart is pretty much the mecca for newly established permit holders. It's just one of those things you have to do. :)