HCP waiting time

Guest TennMan

It will come don't worry mine took 8 weeks, you can always stalk the mailman like i did.

It all started at the 4 weeks wait timeframe since the DOT of course told me on average it takes about 2 weeks so i gave it a extra 2 more before i started watching heavly for the mailman to come.

Mine actually got to the point he asked what was so important i was looking for after about 2 weeks of it going on since i had never waited outside on the porch for him to come thru everyday before (comes within 30 mins or so at same time everyday) and all i said was a important envolope from the DOT and let him guess in his head what it could be.

He actually honked the horn and waved at me and pointed at the mailbox on the day it came.

Oh and to the wal-mart run.

Did that yesterday but they was out of nacho's.

First day i had it with me going everywhere i was jumpy about making sure it was well covered every few mins even tho i could carry it open no problem it was like i was worryed i would get caught with it or something. But i noticed today all i did was make sure it was well planted in the holster every little while since i don't perticuly like the holster i'm using since it doesn't grip the handgun it just sit's in it, but i can't justify spending the money on a new holster for a weapon that will become a at home backup weapon after May the 16th when i will have the money to spend on a kel-tec p3at and proper holster.

Edited by Tobashadow
  • Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just talked to them yesterday, and mine was being issued that day! They lady said it shouldn't take more than a couple days. However, I have never had mail sent in-state take more than a day to arrive, so I should have it today!

EDIT: BTW it took them 41 days to issue mine.

I'm starting to see a pattern here.Everybody that calls gets told its being issued today....

Guest mace8924

I called again yesterday about mine and was told again that it was still in process.:blush: And to wait about 2 more weeks:cry: then call again to check on the status.

Guest CrazyLincoln
I'm starting to see a pattern here.Everybody that calls gets told its being issued today....

You hit the nail on the head. 2 Days later and no envelope.......

Guest REDDOG79

Let's see filled out paperwork and finger prints on the 15th of February and it got to my mother in law's house Friday the 11 of April. (I am working out of town and I am so glad i had today off to go get it.) Now i have to find a holster for my Kimber Pro Carry this Uncle Mike's belt slide is not working so well.

Edited by REDDOG79
spelling
Guest Tyson1

my wait starts tomorrow. i went to the drivers license place on Friday to turn in the paperwork. i go tomorrow 4-14 to get the fingerprints taken....then the wait....

Guest CrazyLincoln
Sounds like they say that just to get you off the phone,but Im sure that an appointed city worker wouldn't do that...:)

They would have gotten me off the phone saying it's in process. It worked the first time I called.

Guest mikedwood

Passed the test last month, turned in the paper work and $115 Friday, I'm going to call about finger printing tomorrow and after I'm finger printed that's it but the waiting right? Or do I have to call or do something else?

Guest GT_Rat

Sounds like you guys are getting hit with the results of the report exposing the Department of Safety's previous negligence in doing background checks.

Guest EasilyObsessed

I think they are trying to mess with my head...

My permit expires near the end of June. I sent my renewal in around the end of February, they cashed the check the first week of March, and yesterday when I got home noticed I had a nice white envelope from the Department of Safety waiting on me! But no....it was just a letter letting me know that my permit was due to expire in June and that I should renew it :koolaid:

Guest CrazyLincoln

Mine came in today! Woohoo. Issue date was the 10th and postmark was the 14th. It took them 3 business days to mail it out? Whatever, I'm happy.:koolaid:

Guest CrazyLincoln

Thanks! I did. Let's see. I went to Wally world, and bought ammo. I went and bought a 5.11 reinforced belt, and went to the grocery store. It was quite a comfort to be able to carry without worrying about it. Now if my MTAC will just come in so I can wear something besides the ankle holster to work.....

Guest aBRG2far

ITS HERE! Eight weeks and one day. Of course it came while I spent the day at the hospital, oh well, I couldn't carry there anyways. I open carried my .357 to a few places I'm a regular at so not to spook anyone. Its amazing, questions like are you a part time cop? Why do you need it? Are you allowed to carry that? The strangest thing is talking to someone and watching their eyes drift down then real quick back up. I guess thats how women feel all the time.