Garufa

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 Valors

JMO

I have had many semi custom 1911's

5 Nighthawks .. 5 Wilson Combat... 2 Ed Browns .. 5 Les Baers ... 1 Smith & Wesson ... 1 Early Sig .. 1 Full custom from Bob Marvel

I am into Accuracy not 21 feet or 45 feet .. I shoot at 25 yards 100% of my range time indoors.

50 or 60 yards if I go outdoors which is not that often.

The 09 Valor ( not many around now for sale)

was the best deal going in the 1911 market.

The finish was nothing great but the slide to frame fit was as good or better than many semi customs.

Accuracy at 25 yards with good ammo 1" to 1 3/4"

I put 90 rounds out of 100 in the black shooting indoors at 25 yards with mine

I paid $1299 for mine in 09 and just put an Ed brown Maxi -Well on it.

I also put 10 rounds in the black at 60 yards with it.

100 rounds 25 yards

100_1444-1.jpg?t=1304141748100_1614-1.jpg?t=1304141948

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new Valors are made with better parts and a real tight Barrel Bushing.

Better Sights Heinie Ledge Straight Eight Night Sights

18 rounds at 30 yards

The Red Circle is 3" with my reloads hand held.

I put a Ed Brown Maxi -Well on it.

They are just as accurate and reliable as most semi custom 1911's

The SS model is a better bargin they go for $1349 to $1499

Some have them for more but there nuts and over price them.

The new finish ( THE BLACK VALORS) are excellent but they go for $ 1589 up to $1900 which is JMO getting to not so great deal.

30 yards the red circle is 3"

18 Rounds

mm001-3-1.jpg?t=1304142389

100_1994.jpg?t=1304142718

Edited by Kano

This guy has one of the biggest collection of 1911's around from $300 up to $ over $4000 ones.

He did a great review a few years ago about his 08 Valor

Range report: New Dan Wesson Valor vs. Springfield TRP - Glock Talk

The new ones are made with better parts

This guy is a VERY good shot at 25 yards and has a few high end 1911's

Dan Wesson Valor and Vbob Range Reports - 2010 SS Models - 1911Forum

Severns custom 2010 holiday shoot-out...the report!

Older Valor in that report.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=255555&highlight=barrel+internal+valor

Severns Custom wrote this.

"2011 Dan Wesson Stainless Valor. Dan Wesson's Flagship 5" stainless pistol. Unbelievable quality and performance for the price! All top quality internal and external components, including forged, hand-lapped slide and frame, top quality, tool steel ignition components, Grieder forged slide stop, Ed Brown grip safety, EGW barrel bushing, Wolff springs, Heinie Ledge sights, etc. Comes with 2 SS mags".

Edited by Kano

I carry mine every day in a DM Bullard holster. It's never had a failure of any sort, straight from the box without cleaning. It hit what I aim at everytime I pull the trigger. This is my 1911 I would not part with. Well, this one and my bobtail razorback 10mm. B)

998e04e7.jpg

I lied this morning. While riding around today, I recalled I had a failure to lock back at just under 500 rounds. Since I had not cleaned it, I decided to go ahead and clean it after that range session and troubleshoot the mag that gave me an issue on the previous session. After a couple of hundred rounds, I determined it was more than likely my thumb riding the slide stop. After giving up on reproducing the issue, I was getting a little tired and caught myself letting my thumb get onto it when gripping. Have not had the issue since. It has not been choosy with mags. It shoots the factory checkmates, other checkmates, other dw factory mags and wilson 47ds. At first the grippieness was a bit much, but I quickly got used to it and now love the feel. My other guns feel loosey goosey.

this is like crack whores urging on another crack whore

But Mike its the GOOD stuff man!

Yes garufa I have one.

Very nice built and very accurate 1911.

Worth the price? Id have to say yes in my semi 1911 experience.

Would I buy another? Yes

I went nuts 8 years ago and if I had to do over would have never spent the money I did on 1911's.

I was still working in the CT. DOC and got on a 1911 buying spree.

Now retired for 3 1/2 years have sold off many of the 1911's I had and now love HK's ... FNP's and other polymers. I respect what you have to say as much as any one who has semi custom 1911's. Comes down to who is pulling the trigger and not how many pistols you own. This is a good board with a good bunch of gun nuts :D

I had a Cbob and it was fantastic....I have never had anything as fancy as Kano, but I have had a few Kimbers and Springfields....the Dan Wesson was definitely my favorite...right now I have no 1911's and 3 Sig 45's lol.....I think I have gone to the dark side.

Garufa,

The vbob is better than the cbob. If you really want a cbob, the 2010-2011 CA only (not really though) cbobs are nice, but still not up to a vbob. The only downside to the vbob if you can even call it that, is non polished flats.

What's the longest you have ever held onto a gun Magic? :D

Well....I think I have had my:

Sig P220 Sport for about 1 1/2yrs

Jim(caveman) Mosin Nagant and matching Nagant revolver almost 2 years

My M11/9 SMG almost 3 years

My 870 AOW almost 4 years (probably the current winner)

I did hold a Limited Edition P229 for almost 5 years (that was probably the winner)

LOL.....

Kano thanks for the kind words. :-)

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
:-)

Bro

I would rather know what you think about 1911's than some Snob who buys semi custom pistols but never shoots them.;)

Well....I think I have had my:

Sig P220 Sport for about 1 1/2yrs

Jim(caveman) Mosin Nagant and matching Nagant revolver almost 2 years

My M11/9 SMG almost 3 years

My 870 AOW almost 4 years (probably the current winner)

I did hold a Limited Edition P229 for almost 5 years (that was probably the winner)

LOL.....

Kano thanks for the kind words. :-)