How about them VOLS!!!!

Guest Boomhower

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Halfpint
Oh, I thought sports season was over. They don't play real ball again until the fall, do they? :)
That's what I was thinking as well.

It was a fun game, I was rooting for Memphis but I can't get REALLY into anything unless it's football.

Guest atomemphis
Oh, I thought sports season was over. They don't play real ball again until the fall, do they? :)

Ah, real ball? Meaning: Adapted rugby with pads and a rest break every time somebody falls down? I guess that sport is in the fall....

just so long as you know it is the sissified version, made for commercials. i'm just waiting for curling to come back in style.

You should have played with me on my city winning tackle team in Raleigh, in the mid-70s - when I invited the Fort Bragg team to come up and play us after we won the championship. After I got off of my crutches, I felt good about doing that. Pain is good for you. :)

I'll tell the current Bragg guys they play sissified sports, according to you. Some of them also play lacrosse and come through occasionally and we do a skrimage in a neighbor's field. Some old guys still get respect especially if they are still training folks in the field. Now what's your address again? Never mnd, they will find you. :owned:

BTW, I have a friend in Australia who is Federal Police / military. He would probably agree with you. :yuck:

But these days we are more into beer and naked women.

Actually, I'd love to have a try at Rugby. My Oz buddy has promised to get me into a scrum when I get down there. Hope my walker holds up. :D

Guest atomemphis

Youtube some rugby videos. I've just always liked it as a more intense, less tame version of football. I don't like how sports are tailored to commercials for the US market either. Say what you will about soccer (the most popular youth sport in the US), but its not a 'hit' with TV - not because a lack of fans - but for a lack of corporate sponsorship (commercials).

Hard to sell commercials for a sport without commercial breaks (Rugby & Soccer).

I came along long before soccer took off. Tried it very briefly but is isn't physical enough to interest me. I think I can easily say that after your sperm starts swimming - Soccer Sucks. I have no idea why it is popular. Oh yes I do, the French like it. :)

Rugby looks like exactly what I would love to play - but not watch.

I agree that football commercial breaks suck - especially if you are at the game. Yawn.

The reality is that if you want to have TV money, you have to have TV breaks. Welcome to the real world. :owned: Right now we are in a rain delay in the California NASCAR race.

Life sucks? Give them grooved tires and see what happens!!!!!!

Guest atomemphis
I came along long before soccer took off. Tried it very briefly but is isn't physical enough to interest me. I think I can easily say that after your sperm starts swimming - Soccer Sucks. I have no idea why it is popular. Oh yes I do, the French like it. :rofl:

Rugby looks like exactly what I would love to play - but not watch.

I agree that football commercial breaks suck - especially if you are at the game. Yawn.

The reality is that if you want to have TV money, you have to have TV breaks. Welcome to the real world. :mad: Right now we are in a rain delay in the California NASCAR race.

Life sucks? Give them grooved tires and see what happens!!!!!!

Ha! And right-handed turns!