Anyone know of a stocking TN dealer who may have demo/used 5.56 suppressors? Preferably Gemtech.

(Can't see buying something NIW that is intended to be used.)

I talked to Gemtech last week and a lot of their TN dealer info appears to be out of date, with no activity by the dealer in a couple of years.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used suppressors are probably not going to happen.

When you figure in the tax stamps back and forth, plus you don't know what the previous owner did with it, no dealer is going to take in a used suppressor, let alone try to sell one with the liability involved.

You MIGHT be able to get a used one from a range that rents them out like On Target in M'Boro, but I can just about guarantee they will only be selling it since it would be worn out.

Anyone know of a stocking TN dealer who may have demo/used 5.56 suppressors?

I have not seen any dealers selling used suppressors. Your best bet is to buy one from an individual.

Franklin Gun Shop is the only stocking GemTech dealer in middle Tennessee that I know of.

The Outpost Armory also has Gemtech suppressors.

Thanks everyone. Got a couple of good leads to follow up on.

As a supproessor owner myself, the tax stamp issue does cut into resale value of a used one. And, round count is VERY important as well as maintenance on a used one.

I moved back home from UT a couple of years ago and my large SOT dealer always had a few on hand, with low, low mileage. They always got nsapped up quick.

I purchased my suppressor from Guns for America (3207 Powell Ave). Its near 100 Oaks mall in Nashville. The had the best price and the best selection. I recall they had YHM, AAC, and another name brand but can't remember what. There number is 615-463-3633. It took about 3 months for the stamp to arrive.

John