COD: Modern Warfare 3

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, I can't believe they pump out so many of these when they're all THE EXACT SAME. MW2=MW=Black Ops, pretty much. Why don't they update a good game, like Counter-Strike? It was sacrilegious when they tried Condition Zero and when they stopped supporting original CS and made CS: Source, but in the end, it was still tons of fun.

I'm sick of MW. Think of something new, please. Maybe do a throwback and try the WWII formula again. Haven't seen a good WWII shooter in a good long while.

MW & MW2 used the same engine. Essentially the same game with new "features." MW2 only suffered from a lack of support by IW which was undergoing major staffing issues.

WaW & BO used the same engine. Essentially the same game but different points in history. Black Ops is horrible though. Very clunky on PS3. I'm sure its smooth on the 360 since it was originally written for it.

MW3 really has the potential to be something new. But thats only if Sledgehammer developed a new engine for it.

Not exactly on the MW and MW2 engines.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare runs on the IW engine, featuring true world-dynamic lighting, HDR lighting effects, dynamic shadows and depth of field.[14] Bullet penetration is calculated by the engine, taking into account factors such as surface type and entity thickness. The game runs in a native resolution of 600p on the Xbox 360 and PS3.[

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The game utilizes the in-house IW 4.0 game engine, which is claimed to be a generation beyond the capabilities of the engine used in Call of Duty 4.[53] Although proprietary, it is based on an unspecified id Tech engine, and can accommodate larger worlds, enhanced graphic detail, and more efficient rendering.

It does say that W@W used an enhanced version of the MW engine though.

The game is based on an enhanced version of the Call of Duty 4 game engine developed by Infinity Ward with increased development on audio and visual effects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops#Development

Black Ops -

The game runs on an enhanced World at War engine (which itself was improved from Call of Duty 4's) at 60 frames per second on consoles.[3] It features a streaming texture technology (also seen in Modern Warfare 2), making bigger levels possible such as "Payback" where the player controls a helicopter. Lighting effects have been improved as well.[46] Call of Duty: Black Ops supports 3-D imaging rendered by the engine itself.[47] This feature is available on the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 versions.[48]

Edited by Daniel

You all have heard MW3 will have some services on multiplayer that are pay to play. Not that the freaking trillion dollars they make the first day of sales is enough. I play all games' single player mode first. I've started getting back on COD 4 because I'm getting tired of Black ops and all the lameness.

BF3 looks badass, for sure. I'll own both.

I've heard (through a few clips from the net) that the multiplayer will be free, and there will be no special add-ons--such as better perks or weapons--with the paid subscription.

There may be some paid DLC like the Vietnam add-on and alternate uniforms in BC2, but it won't be anything like CoD's premium subscription.

Still, as long as there are people willing to spend money on things that really should be included with the game to begin with, game companies will continue to cut more things out of their games and add them in for extra cost.

Guest Domestic

Black Ops was a complete fail. BF3 looks like its going to be a good one. Hopefully the next COD wont be made by the same people who made Black Ops IMO they killed the series with BO.

Yeah, Treyarch kind of screwed the pooch with BlOps. and this is coming from a die-hard fan of the third COD. i don't have high hopes for COD, I'm just hoping I'll enjoy it, which seems to be the case.

Guest nysos

Treyarch = bad

IW = good, but not great

The gameplay from IW coded games were much smoother/more fun to play, but the direct console port kind of ruined it. PC games need good dedicated hosting to make the game unbiased. I would plat that game, end up being host and be unstoppable. Then the next round, the host is someone running 256k dsl in alaska, and due to the delay in shot registration, you could kill anyone.

I absolutely loved cod4, MW2 has been the best COD series game imo, if it just wasn't for the silly no dedicated hosting. If the hosting is the same, I will probably opt for BF3, I don't have as much money to dump on 4-5 new releases in a year like I used to.

MW2 is by far the best of the series. It only suffered from a lack of support. And given the changes that were happening at IW at the time, I get that.

At this point, after playing Black Ops for way too many hours, I would buy a new MW2 that had been reskinned and patched and I would be happy with that.

Cod4 is my all time favorite game ....... the only thing i hope they fix from mw2 is those ridiculous kill streaks it just encourages peole to camp online and its annoying.. i also wish they would incorporate better weapon custom ability

The nuke killstreak wasnt really an issue outside of the warzone or w/e game type. With dedicated servers to kick hackers it wouldnt be an issue even there as if someone earns it fairly than I am all for it. The problem was people would just stand out with a LMG blasting at anything inside LOS hacking and get the nuke.

• 3 months later...