Gunshow Fairgrounds Nashville

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TackleberryTom

My friend and I are gonna go. Have not been to a gunshow in over a year and a half. I am looking for some misc reloading stuff (if the prices are good), 1911 stuff, who knows what. Just going to have some fun and fondle some guns. If I need some beef jerky, I am sure I will be able to find some of that.

Guest brandon_pitt

Ill be there. Looking for ar parts, a good shotgun, maybe a couple of handguns( .357 and/or sig/ glock) we'll see.....

Hummmm I think I will just have to go! Maybe looking for some reloading items (just tiring to get started doing it).

Really ironic thing is that the last time I went to the State Fair Grounds was last year, May 1st... when I left it there was a river running through the parking lot from the creek just south of the grounds.

Guest Dag123

I dumb question im sure but this will probably be the first gun show that i have ever attended and im a newly hcp holder according to there safety page you can't carry while at the show right??

I like to go and look. I've never bought a gun there, usually buy mine in a private sale or from a local small dealer. But I like to go anyways. I sometimes will buy something small or a holster or something that catches my eye. I can't help it, I LIKE GUNS, lol.I go and look at them, fondle a few, etc...

I dumb question im sure but this will probably be the first gun show that i have ever attended and im a newly hcp holder according to there safety page you can't carry while at the show right??

You can carry but you must check all weapons at the door and unload.

Guest Dag123

Thanks Threeeighty that is what i thought it meant but wasnt sure if that applied to only guns that were going to be sold or handled by others.

I like to go and look. I've never bought a gun there, usually buy mine in a private sale or from a local small dealer. But I like to go anyways. I sometimes will buy something small or a holster or something that catches my eye. I can't help it, I LIKE GUNS, lol.I go and look at them, fondle a few, etc...

+1 Same here. Hardly ever find anything I want to buy. Just enjoy looking, fondling new stuff on the market, etc.

Still looking for a good used or new single shot 16 ga.

I went to the show this AM, seemed to be down somewhat. Came away empty handed,

& wallet $8 smaller.

• Admin Team

I left with a couple subdued flag patches and a pack a stripper clips.

I would have counted it a bust had my last stop not been over at David's reloading table. If you need anything reloading related, you need to stop by and see him. He's a great resource!

Guest TackleberryTom

It was kinda lame overall. I did pick up a 1911 magazine and a repro bayonet for my 1903 . My boys liked looking at all the guns and got some invisible ink spy pens with lights to see it. They are happy.

Edited by TackleberryTom
misspelling
Guest Laufer

Dag123:

There was a very serious incident with a Mini 14 months ago at the show in Bloomington, IL.

Maybe the rifle came in with a seller the night before (I have no idea), but both the seller and a visitor during the show apparently forgot to look inside the chamber (or the magazine?).

Two other visitors suffered fairly minor injuries but a third guy was seriously injured by the .223 bullet, and hope that he had a good recovery. The visitor obviously had his hand inside the trigger guard as the rifle was aimed at various people.

Do the plastic zip ties make people complacent? Many of us would never consider buying a bolt-action rifle, unless able to cut the tie, in order to remove the bolt and check the bore.

I walked all over twice trying to find an older slide stop for a 1911. There weren't any slide stops for a 1911 anywhere in the place. No 1911 parts to speak of. I wasn't even in a hurry and missed them. I did pick up a Boker auto though.