Mosin 91/30

Guest m&pc9

Guest m&pc9

There is a New gun shop in Seymour Rocky Top Armory. I stopped in on Saturday and Chris was going through a crate of Mosins. He was selling them for $100. With all the goodies pig sticker, cleaning kit, oil, and strap. He had a crate left and he is a nice guy just starting out.

DSC06980.jpg

DSC06978.jpg

DSC06977.jpg

DSC06976-1.jpg

Edited by m&pc9
added pics
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a TGI (Tennessee Guns, Inc.), a local importer. They have always put the import stamp in fairly small letters, near the end of the barrel. That is why I prefer their rifles. They don't ruin the receiver with billboards.

My CZ-82 is from TGI as well. Their mark is on the underside of the slide so it is not visible unless you turn it upside down.

Down there in Seymour at the Rocky Top Armory. :)

The one's I have have been luck. It's what the store had, etc. The '82 I bought directly from them at a gun show a year or so ago (the 1st and only time I've seen them at one). They supply all the major C&R vendors just like CAI, RGUNS and the others.

They also sell on GB, usually more obscure and one off specimens, but regular stuff too.

I assume so. They still have a website and sell stuff on Gun Broker.

How come they wont let you do a local pickup? They have some 1920's Mosins on gunbroker. Asked them if they will allow pickup and reply was no. Bad enough have to pay sales tax, but add shipping and it is just too much to pay for a Mosin.

There is a New gun shop in Seymour Rocky Top Armory. I stopped in on Saturday and Chris was going through a crate of Mosins. He was selling them for $100. With all the goodies pig sticker, cleaning kit, oil, and strap. He had a crate left and he is a nice guy

Any hex receivers or earlier models or are they all 1941-43 models like most of them anymore.

Guest m&pc9
Any hex receivers or earlier models or are they all 1941-43 models like most of them anymore.

I didn't see any hex receivers. But mine was made in 1940.

His number is (865) 573-7924

Edited by m&pc9
Guest m&pc9
Back on topic....

Nice rifle! Is it your first Mosin or do you have the disease?

It is my first. But i can see more in the future.

Any idea what his hours are...we called but got no answer.

10 to 7...call first 898-0588 Just called and he was there

13 Mosins left...Dates from 1938 to 1943

119 and change out the door

Edited by bajabuc
Guest m&pc9
Any idea what his hours are...we called but got no answer.

10 to 7...call first 898-0588 Just called and he was there

13 Mosins left...Dates from 1938 to 1943

119 and change out the door

I think he is not officially open yet. But hes in usually in the afternoon.

Just got one in from AIM today 102.95 shipped with the hand pick option. All matching 1932 Izzy. In beautiful shape. Dripping wet with cosmo. Had to catch them at the right time. Checked website early last week and they were sold out. Checked again on Sunday and it said in stock, ordered one. Checked back Monday and they were sold out again. Got lucky. This makes my 6th so far. 2- 91/30, 1 M44 Russian, 1 M44 Hungarian, 1 M44 Polish and 1 T-53. Am wanting a M39 next. Will probably pick one up from Pat Burns when the right one catches my eye and I have the money, usually the two never occur at the same time unfortunately.

I went back to Shylocks today...Both Chinese T53's are still there...one is a 1955 and it's in AWFUL shape...the other is a 1955.2 and it's pretty

The awful one would probably give a fella lockjaw if he scratched himself on the bayonette...really rusty. 99.99 +T&T

The other is about 149 +

Had a pretty nasty SKS too...ill looking green plastic stock. I didn't even pick it up.

We went there looking for a Tokarev TT33 or a Yugo M56...nope.

I stopped in at Rocky Top Armory today. Chris is a super nice guy. Bought some ak ammo from him. Nice collection of guns and he said he has more that he hasn't quite got out on display yet. Prices seem pretty reasonable. A few mosins left 116.00 was the price before taxes and TICS fee.

You can't deny it. There apparently is a little bit of Russian in all of us. :P

I think you're right. The first time I shot my 91/30 I was so happy I bought it. Man, what a fun gun to shoot!

Still gotta get back to the range to see if my Yugo Tok will run right. Despite the problems so far, I still like shooting it.

You can't deny it. There apparently is a little bit of Russian in all of us. :P

I hate them freaking guns. They have cost me near two grand, and I am not talking just about guns and ammo, but dental work.

Can darn well attribute my 91-30 to two crowns and root canals. Rifle concussion crumbled one tooth, granted it was on the way south anyway but still. And the other I swear it killed the tooth, shot the gun fifty times or so that day, well maybe 150 times. Started the drive home and noticed a very distinct tooth ache. Both teeth were in the cheek side that sits on the stock. I am scared to shoot it anymore.