Blade Show This Weekend!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scramasax

Leaving Friday Morning. Taking two new people to the show. I love it when thier eyes bug out and they drool. Been several years since I could go and looking forward to seeing old aquaintances. Haven't decided what route to take because of bonnaroo. Might go via BHM.

Cheers,

ts

Thank goodness I'm going down 411S from Maryville. Never much traffic there. I think the tactical gear show will be a nice addition. More opportunities to come home poor! I know I want a small JetBeam LED flashlight... my boys want the new Eskabar knife. I'm sure I'll come home with a knife of some kind too. If I had hit that $200million Powerball last week, I'd buy one of everything!

I'll be there Thursday evening through Sunday.

In one respect I'm not happy to see the show being promoted with the Tactical Gear show. It takes all the available time the show is open to the public to appreciate the custom knives and manufacturer's booths while still getting in a couple of seminars. I'm afraid that it robs an attendee of meeting and developing a relationship with a maker, designer or manufacturer and actually learning. It ain't a shopping trip to WalMart.:D

Well, the Tactical Gear Show Wasn't all that big. It took maybe 30 minutes away from the Blade Show for me.Going Gear had a big display with a lot of MAxpedition packs. Looked at some with my son for possible use when he goes to college this fall. Picked up a Lucas Burnley knife called a "Kwaiken". Really caught my eye and feels great in the hand. I'll try to post a couple of photos this week. Saw some good friends, did a 40 mile bike ride this morning on the Silver Comet Trail with my boys and some good friends, then headed back home.

Here's a shot of the Lucas Burnley "Kwaiken" I picked up at the Blade Show on Sat. It's 7 7/8" overall, 3 3/4" cutting edge, D-2 steel, wrapped handle (over sharkskin) with a Kydex sheath. The 9mm round is just added for scale. Very nice feel. Slender and easy to carry. The paracord on the sheath goes on your belt and allows you to grab the knife and pull it out quickly. Really well thought out.

Burnley.jpg

I spent most of my time in the KnifeRights booth and some of the time out and about at the show.

I was happy to see Colonial Cutlery springing back with new autos and that they joined KnifeRights.

attachment.php?attachmentid=143894&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1308001722

I thought the 1911 folders were cool.

attachment.php?attachmentid=143893&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1308001645

The new DPX knives handled nicely.

attachment.php?attachmentid=143890&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1307996181

CRKT is producing Ken Onion's Octopus cane. Carbon fiber over fiberglass with a cast stainless octypus.

attachment.php?attachmentid=143876&d=1307934593