went to my once a month

We meet once a month at Mr Gaddis and discuss the general condition of man, and I opened my big mouth and said, "How many here support the Second Amendment?" The response was 100%. Most of the group is half my age. I was amazed. This created a whole new discussion the lasted to near closing. The discussion went from guns to the evils of Nashville policies to govenrment in general. The consensus was, "Pay attention to what the idiots are doing." And history...if you don't know history you'll make the same mistakes again.

Edited by bajabuc
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not voting is a vote in itself. Of course not voting because you forgot or were drunk or something of the like is not a valid excuse.

But if all the candidates just plain suck whats the point of doing it.

We meet once a month at Mr Gaddis and discuss the general condition of man, and I opened my big mouth and said, "How many here support the Second Amendment?" The response was 100%. Most of the group is half my age. I was amazed. This created a whole new discussion the lasted to near closing. The discussion went from guns to the evils of Nashville policies to govenrment in general. The consensus was, "Pay attention to what the idiots are doing." And history...if you don't know history you'll make the same mistakes again.

That must have been a good discussion and I agree, fail to remember history at our own peril. And exercise our right to vote and get some real change going. But having said that, I understand my ox could well be among those gored if we are serious about getting back on track thru tightening up spending, etc.

Thanks for the post - refreshing to hear of folks actually talking in person (he sheepishly types on the internet forum).

Guest mosinon
not voting is a vote in itself. Of course not voting because you forgot or were drunk or something of the like is not a valid excuse.

Crap, I thought those reasons were valid...

But if all the candidates just plain suck whats the point of doing it.
I find that more times than not I end up voting for one candidate in the hope that he will beat the front runner as was the case when I voted for McCain. I sure didn't like either of them and can't believe than McCain was the best choice to run. When I went to the poll I had that "What's the point" feeling.

I wish they had a "None of the above" and if that got the majority then all candidates in that race would be thrown out and we start all over with different ones!

I find that more times than not I end up voting for one candidate in the hope that he will beat the front runner as was the case when I voted for McCain. I sure didn't like either of them and can't believe than McCain was the best choice to run. When I went to the poll I had that "What's the point" feeling.

I wish they had a "None of the above" and if that got the majority then all candidates in that race would be thrown out and we start all over with different ones!

That's exactly the way I feel at the polls. I vote for the one that sucks the least.

Ever have a test where the answer list went like this?

• A
  • B
  • C
  • D
  • E
  • A and B
  • B and C
  • None of the Above
  • All of the above.

I had one...and I knew the correct answer.

All of the above...except all of the above included none of the above and therefore all of the above could not be right.

The ensuing argument ended up going from the Asst Principal to the Principal to the Superintendent to the school board. I lost. After the settlement, the Math teacher came to me and said, "David, you were right. you read what I wrote and not what I meant. I'mm givimg you the question."

Guest Sgt. Joe
Write me in...I can take a bribe just as good as the fellas in office.

I indeed did write myself in for the last Govs. election. I know for certain that I got at least 4 votes and if a few others kept their word I may have gotten 8 or 10. I simply refused to hold my nose yet again for that race and it wasnt like anyone had any doubt about who had bought the most votes anyway.

But at least so far, while the winner has been far from being "great" at least he hasnt gone out and borrowed a bunch of bucks from AL or MS and then told everyone in TN that they HAD to buy dental insurance.:koolaid: