IDPA Classifier July 2nd - Music City Tactical Shooters in Dickson, TN

Music City Tactical Shooters (MCTS) will be hosting an IDPA Classifier Match in Dickson, TN on Saturday July 2nd.

View/download the IDPA Classifier Course of Fire (.PDF, 7.9kb)

View/download the Classifier Stage Setup (.PDF, 82.5kb)

The Classifier match is open to anyone but only current IDPA members will receive a classification.

"The IDPA Classifier is a "standard test" used to classify shooters based on their current skills so that they can compete with other shooters at a similar skill level. Therefore, no cover garment is required when shooting the Classifier. In fact, to ensure that your score is valid for comparison against other shooters' scores, no cover garments are allowed. Because most IDPA matches comprise unique and original defensive scenarios, the Classifier is the only completely-standard IDPA match that can be used to classify shooters." (www.ccidpa.org)

Visit the MCTS web site for more information and directions to the range in Dickson, TN.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Weather Channel it is going to be a great day to be at the range.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: blueText]32.gif?12122006

Sunny

[/TD]

[TD=class: blueText, width: 55%]High

92°F

Precip

0%

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The Classifier is a great test of skill to determine where you are in your shooting or how you have improved. I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Edited by CatsEye

Well my ESP gun is back and functional so it looks like I will try my hand at both. Look forward to seeing you guys there. Who knows maybe its time to become a 3-gun master ( not likely but I will give it a shot - no pun intended - anyway)

No such thing as a yutz being a 4 gun master. It takes an amazing shooter especially for revolver. Look forward to meeting you at mcts sometime.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Correct it is the 5 gun master you are going for!!!!

I am counting on my bullets being faster in the heat, and I have a new range bag. That should be good for at least a ten second improvment.

Good luck with the lower score! I don't think the range bag will have anything to do with it. It always should be your goal to do better each time going to shoot whether it is your time, shots down/accuracy, reading reload spots, etc. Hopefully, everyone will go up in division this weekend.....as the way it should be. What's the point of staying at Novice, Mechanic......LOL. You only compete against kids.

Good luck with the lower score! I don't think the range bag will have anything to do with it. It always should be your goal to do better each time going to shoot whether it is your time, shots down/accuracy, reading reload spots, etc. Hopefully, everyone will go up in division this weekend.....as the way it should be. What's the point of staying at Novice, Mechanic......LOL. You only compete against kids.
I shot Marksman, Thank you. LOL!! I have 44 seconds to make up to move up in CDP. I am curious to see how I shoot. First classifier was the third time ever to shoot a competition. This will be the ninth. ESP and SSP this week. CDP next week. Edited by Mechanic_X
I shot Marksman, Thank you. LOL!! I have 44 seconds to make up to move up in CDP. I am curious to see how I shoot. First classifier was the third time ever to shoot a competition. This will be the ninth. ESP and SSP this week. CDP next week.

do not be afraid to stay marksman for a little while, and try to shoot a couple of major matches first. my first classifier i shot novice and i was very disapointed with myself. then pushed hard for marksman and then started shooting some major matches and then it took me a few years to be competive at marksman, even then at some clubs like Manchester it was and still is hard for me to be competive. and now it seems i am going backwards.

but just my 2 cents.

i (WE) know some grandparents (seniors) that may disagree about the "kids" even though they do try hard. :lol: