Child Killer

Guest nicemac
…believe it or not there are TONS of folks out there who pay zero attention to the news...

I keep up with the (real) news. I intentionally tune stuff like this out. I do not know one thing about the case. I could easily have been a juror that knew nothing at all about the girl, the mom or any aspect of the case before the trial started..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy, without morals or whatever. I believe she is guilty. She didn't report her child missing for over 30 days, told numerous lies after lies about the child's whereabouts all while partying and acting like she was the happiest person on the planet. Meanwhile, her daughter lay rotting like trash. Show her some respect? No thanks. Yeah, that information was all over the news. So what. Those facts to my knowledge weren't disputed. The prosecution brought the wrong charges for the evidence they had. However, reasonable doubt now appears to be no doubt whatsoever. What do I believe? I believe she killed her or at least took part in her death. Were others involved? Maybe. Are her parents guilty of something? Maybe. I feel there was more than enough evidence to at least convict her of child abuse/neglect.

WyattEarp, what makes you believe she dies as a result of an accidental drowning? Because you heard from the media that was part of her defense? Who tries to cover up a drowning by discarding the dead child like trash with duct tape over her nose and mouth to make it look like a homicide? There is no evidence to support that theory. Certainly not enough to overturn the theory she was killed and began rotting in her mother's car before being dumped.

Let me make something clear, if I ever get called to serve on a jury I will do my civic duty and make my decision based on the evidence presented. However, I wasn't on this jury so I'm entitled to whatever opinion I want. Did the information I got from the media influence my opinion? Sure it did. You would have to live under a rock to avoid hearing anything about it. Expressing my opinion isn't intended to be a personal attack on anyone that disagrees so I expect the same in return.

The bottom line is, the case was poorly prosecuted. If you took away the media, grandstanding and ego building by the attorneys and with the same evidence I bet she would have been convicted.

Call me crazy, without morals or whatever. I believe she is guilty. She didn't report her child missing for over 30 days, told numerous lies after lies about the child's whereabouts all while partying and acting like she was the happiest person on the planet. Meanwhile, her daughter lay rotting like trash. Show her some respect? No thanks. Yeah, that information was all over the news. So what. Those facts to my knowledge weren't disputed. The prosecution brought the wrong charges for the evidence they had. However, reasonable doubt now appears to be no doubt whatsoever. What do I believe? I believe she killed her or at least took part in her death. Were others involved? Maybe. Are her parents guilty of something? Maybe. I feel there was more than enough evidence to at least convict her of child abuse/neglect.

WyattEarp, what makes you believe she dies as a result of an accidental drowning? Because you heard from the media that was part of her defense? Who tries to cover up a drowning by discarding the dead child like trash with duct tape over her nose and mouth to make it look like a homicide? There is no evidence to support that theory. Certainly not enough to overturn the theory she was killed and began rotting in her mother's car before being dumped.

Let me make something clear, if I ever get called to serve on a jury I will do my civic duty and make my decision based on the evidence presented. However, I wasn't on this jury so I'm entitled to whatever opinion I want. Did the information I got from the media influence my opinion? Sure it did. You would have to live under a rock to avoid hearing anything about it. Expressing my opinion isn't intended to be a personal attack on anyone that disagrees so I expect the same in return.

The bottom line is, the case was poorly prosecuted. If you took away the media, grandstanding and ego building by the attorneys and with the same evidence I bet she would have been convicted.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about an accused person's guild or innocence. Thankfully, we citizens are not (or at least not supposed to be) convicted based on opinion. The bottom line with this case is that regardless of opinion, no one actually knows what happened or why or who is responsible - 12 independent people heard all the evidence and decided she was not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt - I don't see why people can't just leave it at that. :)

Guest WyattEarp

The bottom line is, the case was poorly prosecuted.

how about an irresponsible, immature, 22 year old, who panicked when her kid died in the pool, made a stupid decision, and then tried to hide it and lied about it? and then tried to go drink the guilt and pain away. Why do any people do the things that they do? We really don't know why. We never really understand why people do what they do.

amen to your final statement in that post.

Guest monkeyhumper

Since the Anthony trial began, 230,000+ children are dead because they didn't have access to clean water.

One every 20 seconds.

Guess which story takes the front page?

I keep up with the (real) news. I intentionally tune stuff like this out. I do not know one thing about the case. I could easily have been a juror that knew nothing at all about the girl, the mom or any aspect of the case before the trial started..

Roger that. It's not that I don't know how wrong my apathy is; It's just....I don't care. This crap goes on everyday. The sick animals of this country feed on this and the media cooks it up by the wagon train load. I'd rather have a greasy sonic burger myself.

Like monkeyhumper points out: What about the other quarter million kids that died in the last few weeks?

Since the Anthony trial began, 230,000+ children are dead because they didn't have access to clean water.

One every 20 seconds.

Guess which story takes the front page?

As a shrink friend of mine used to say, "People. They're the worst."

And is really IS "The United States of Entertainment".

- OS

Roger that. It's not that I don't know how wrong my apathy is; It's just....I don't care. This crap goes on everyday. The sick animals of this country feed on this and the media cooks it up by the wagon train load. I'd rather have a greasy sonic burger myself.

Like monkeyhumper points out: What about the other quarter million kids that died in the last few weeks?

I never really knew anything about this Anthony case until i was in Florida last week. All over the news there. I am sure I was exposed to it somewhere here but tuned it out. It happened in Florida, I gotta admit I really don't give much of a crap about some crime in Florida.

As for the kids dying from lack of clean water, I gotta admit I don't much care about that either.

Guest nicemac

One every 20 seconds.

Guess which story takes the front page?…

…You would have to live under a rock to avoid hearing anything about it.

Worldwide 115,000 abortions per day. The liberal media doesn't jump all over that story.

http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.html

I don't live under a rock. I just turn the channel when this kind of crap comes on… I knew not one fact about this case when the trial started (which I was unaware of until I was at a restaurant that had it on tv last week).