Howdy

Guest madmax52

Guest madmax52

I've been snooping around here for about a month or so now. I live in Clarksville. I've been doing a lot of reading/research on some multi gun competitions. I've really taken a liking to the sport and I'm looking to go watch a couple then hopefully start participating before to terribly long.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest madmax52

Im stationed at Campbell, however I am not a screamin Eagle. Im part of 52nd Ordnance Group. We are your local bomb kickers :confused:

Welcome! Most folks mean Auto-rifle, defense pistol, defense shotgun when they say that, but most of the shooting sports have 2-4 guns involved so it can be confusing to say 3 gun (bullseye? cowboy? others that have 3?) or multi gun. There are official names of each sport but no one uses them. If this is the type you mean, local clubs will sometimes let you shoot a few matches with equipment that isnt usable for official scores (such as a .22 auto rifle or a smaller caliber pistol) to try it out before sinking $2k into gear for a sport you may not even really like. My wife and I got into this, and really like it even though we come in dead last every time.

Guest madmax52

Well from what I've been reading most people have been calling it 3gun/ multigun. Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun. Right now I only have a pistol and it's a glock 32. .357Sig and it's compact so I probably won't be shooting it at any competitions as it tends to get a little rowdy when you start pulling the trigger fast. Im looking at a Glock 34 for my next pistol purchase for competing.

any glock would do for that type of shooting --- let me strongly recommend a 9mm as the ammo for other calibers costs more and you will shoot up a box or more every time you go. Not sure what a 34 is, they all look the same to me apart from overall size which seems to vary from medium to huge =). Since they all share mags, you might get the higher cap mags (15+) for whatever you pick, I usually have 3 15 rounders for these events. Are you looking to spend big or keep it basic for the rifle and shotgun? IMHO a cheap semi shotgun with a high capacity tube is all you need, maybe a recoil pad, but nothing major. The rifle is the really big purchase/decision, its too much to go into in depth here but if you need a hand there are plenty of "ar" gurus here (I am an AR noob, really).