"Unregistered Gun"? AKA-Run for the Hills!!!!!!

I know I am getting old, but not too many years ago, any small town in Tennessee had a line of farmer's pickups sitting in the parking lots of restaurants and parts houses, with a cattle stick in one set of hooks and a 12 gauge or "beater" rifle in the other displayed in their back windows. Nobody had ever heard of a permit, and nobody asked any questions or thought it odd. You put them behind the seat when you went to "town", Jackson, Memphis or Nashville, as there were thieves there, otherwise they lived in the racks.

A different age now, but not sure a better one.

Before permits, I understood that to LEGALLY transport a handgun in a car it MUST be in plain view. unloaded with any ammo stored out of reach. Even without a permit it is legal to have a handgun in your vehicle, if not everyone without a permit who buys a handgun is breaking the law when they take it home or to the range. Same with a long gun. I don't recall anything that says it has to be in a case either.

This story is just one more example out of many examples why you can't believe anything you hear on the news. They are lazy and don't care about facts and truth so they speculate on stories, and they have a political agenda so they omitt important facts, or fabricate their own facts to mislead what they consider are the dumb sheep. Local news is only slightly better than national news but you can see they do the same thing. The internet is much more reliable these days in giving you factual news than the TV.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is actually happening is police downtown near the thug clubs where the gang shootings happen at walk the parking areas. They see some bangers piece visible. They don't have a permit and are charged for their gun. Everybody here should know to take news reports with a grain of salt. They only put in what they want to put and rarely tell the whole story good or bad.

Fair enough, but the media should report it that way. I suspect most people here are pretty aware that the likely scenario was something of that nature, but most people in our world don't know that, nor do they understand firearms laws as well as most gun owners (and many of the gun owners I know aren't particularly knowledgeable about gun laws). It's also very concerning what the spokesperson actually meant by their statement. With the anti-gun bias in our state's largest cities, such a vague statement should make every law-abiding gun owner stand on edge.

Guest tngw1500se
.......farmer's pickups sitting in the parking lots of restaurants and parts houses, with a cattle stick in one set of hooks and a 12 gauge or "beater" rifle in the other displayed in their back windows..............

I'll "one up" that. When I was a kid I drove my truck to school everyday with a .22 and a shotgun in the gun rack in the window. OH! And every boy had a pocket knife. Can't remember if I locked the truck or not.

That was absolutely the WORST written report I've ever read.

Who's writing these things, 5 year-olds?

Its called the liberal news media.......all are slanted, all report via there own opinions and we know what opinions are like.......