2011 NFL Season

Guest WyattEarp

Guest WyattEarp

Took 'em long enough, but the squabbling and bickering over how to divide $9 Billion a year is done, and a new NFL CBA has been signed and we will have NFL football this year.

High School and College practices are now officially tougher than NFL practices, because in the new CBA one of the concessions was that teams can only have 1 practice per week in pads. :rolleyes: Vince Lombardi is already rolling over in his grave.

The doors are now open at all NFL stadiums, and it's back to business, with free agency kicking off at 10 am today (already underway).

NFL.com news: Owners, players back to football after sealing 10-year labor deal

Looking forward to the Broncos coming back to Nashville on Sept 25, so i can watch them smack the Titans around again a little bit more, and this time it won't be Kyle Orton as our starter, the Broncos announced they will trade him today, Thank God!!! That means Tim Tebow will be the starter.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WyattEarp
Tebow's a good guy. It will be a shame to watch him lose.:rolleyes:

just like they did last year right? :D Tebow brought Denver back from being down 17-0 against the Texans to win 24-23, and Tebow's a lot better than Orton! Should be a good game though! :D

You watch. The Titans will be really good this year.

don't see it happening. New unproven head coach. New defensive and offensive coordinator, new schemes, rookie QB, you're losing Justin Babin on Defense to free agency, Kenny Britt will probably be suspended for a few games because of his off the field conduct this offseason, and with a rookie QB and the lockout taking away from mini-camps, and organized team activities this spring, plus the rookie and the entire offense having to learn a new offensive scheme. A defense that is suspect against the pass, and has no ability to get pressure on the quarterback. highly doubtful. it's rebuilding mode for the Titans, 3-13 or 4-12 is more likely. the best thing the Titans have going for them this year is Chris Johnson, he just might get 2000+ yards and break Dickerson's record, because they are going to have to let him carry the load, because Locker will make a ton of mistakes through the air.

Guest Victor9er

You know what the restriction to limit practicing in pads to only 1 day per week is all about don't you? It's a precursor to the NFL extending the regular season in the next couple of years. Dictator Goddell has been pushing for an 18 game regular season and one of the biggest concerns among players is health... not getting beat up for so long of a season. Limiting the contact in practice will be the NFL's answer to that... mark my words.

But, on the bright side the NFL is back, and with only 1 preseason game missed. (who really cares about the Hall of Fame game anyway?) I'm hoping my boys can rebound and win another Superbowl this year... WHO DAT!?

:rolleyes:

Guest uofmeet

Yeah, I am not expecting much from the titans this year. I will prob watch more lions than titans this year. Still a titans fan, I just don't expect much from them this year.

Guest WyattEarp
You know what the restriction to limit practicing in pads to only 1 day per week is all about don't you? It's a precursor to the NFL extending the regular season in the next couple of years. Dictator Goddell has been pushing for an 18 game regular season and one of the biggest concerns among players is health... not getting beat up for so long of a season. Limiting the contact in practice will be the NFL's answer to that... mark my words.

Interesting thought, didn't think of it like that, but I'm always all for MORE FOOTBALL! :D

But, on the bright side the NFL is back, and with only 1 preseason game missed. (who really cares about the Hall of Fame game anyway?) I'm hoping my boys can rebound and win another Superbowl this year... WHO DAT!?

:rolleyes:

especially when that Hall of Fame game features the Bears. I like Drew Brees, he's a stand up guy, and I'm very glad he won that Super Bowl with the Saints and not with the Chargers.

Guest WyattEarp
Falcons to the Super Bowl. Mark my words!

might be tough to do when 3 of your 5 starting O-Linemen are unrestricted free agents, which means your QB will have a tough time staying off his back this season.

Guest WyattEarp

and the NFL feeding frenzy is on.

Tavaris Jackson to Seattle (Not sure what Pete Carroll is thinking, but I'm very surprised by this move) Hasselbeck cut. McNabb expected to head to Minnesota via trade. Panthers re-signed DE Charles Johnson (was hoping Denver would have picked him up, but Carolina backed the Brinks Truck up to him for 6 years @ $72 million.)

the 49'er re-signed Alex Smith (i don't know why, he's been a bust in his career).

Guest Victor9er
and the NFL feeding frenzy is on.

Tavaris Jackson to Seattle (Not sure what Pete Carroll is thinking, but I'm very surprised by this move) Hasselbeck cut. McNabb expected to head to Minnesota via trade. Panthers re-signed DE Charles Johnson (was hoping Denver would have picked him up, but Carolina backed the Brinks Truck up to him for 6 years @ $72 million.)

the 49'er re-signed Alex Smith (i don't know why, he's been a bust in his career).

Hasselbeck just signed with the Titans. (Where will Vince Young end up now?) Tavaris Jackson to Seattle is because his old OC is over there now. Alex Smith... I just don't get either. I've never heard of a guy getting so many "2nd chances" with the same team before. And yet everytime a coach loses his job in part because of crappy QB play, the new coach comes in and says "Hey, maybe we'll keep this Smith kid around and see what he can do." :usa:

Edited by Victor9er
Guest WyattEarp
Hasselbeck just signed with the Titans.

cutting one mediocre quarterback that throws INT's, only to sign another mediocre QB that throws INT. I don't get it. they'd be better off just letting Jake Locker start.

(Where will Vince Young end up now?) Tavaris Jackson to Seattle is because his old OC is over there now. Alex Smith... I just don't get either. I've never heard of a guy getting so many "2nd chances" with the same team before. And yet everytime a coach loses his job in part because of crappy QB play, the new coach comes in and says "Hey, maybe we'll keep this Smith kid around and see what he can do." :)

VY will most likely end up as a backup somewhere, he has issues and immaturity problems that I don't think most teams really don't want to deal with. but if he doesn't sign somewhere as a backup and someone goes down and gets injured, I'm sure he'll get a phone call to be a starter somewhere.

Only logic I can understand with Alex Smith, is Jim Harbaugh hoping to tank the 49'ers badly so they can draft Andrew Luck next year.

Guest Victor9er

Only logic I can understand with Alex Smith, is Jim Harbaugh hoping to tank the 49'ers badly so they can draft Andrew Luck next year.

They've got some stiff competition in that race.... right now I think the Redskins are in the lead for that 1st overall pick. (potential starter: Rex Grossman or John Beck) :)

Guest WyattEarp

Patriots just went all in on to make a Super Bowl run. They just traded for Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth. dayuuuuuum.

Season tickets should be in the mail next week. I have had seats at that stadium since the very first game there. But this year is pretty unique. Talk about a re-building season WOW it might be a long one. We'll see shortly.

GO TITANS