My G22 grip chop down to a G27

tercel89

I have a G22 RTF . I had previously sanded down the RTF since it was very abrasive . It worked just fine and dandy and is the best feeling Glock grip I ever felt . Well last night I got bored and decided to chop my G22 down to the grip size of a G27 . It worked great . Some people may ask "why" , well I say "just because I wanted to" .

I went slow and cut with a Dremel and some sandpaper and an "exacto-knife" . I think thats what you call it .

Everthing went fine until I drove the exacto-knife through my finger and up under my skin along the tendon:rolleyes:

The tendon is fine but it nicked it and cut the crap out of my finger :poop: I got some stitches .

I guess I should have went even slower . I used my G27 frame as a model to go by . Here are the pics in order of what "happened" and my progression .

finger2.jpg

finger.jpg

001.jpg

Edited by tercel89
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That turned out really well, I'm curious about the hollow section at the back of the grip. I can't remember if the G-22 was hollow all the way up the frame or does it taper half way up?

It is hollow all the way up but it gets tighter as you go up .

I hate seeing someone screw around and mess with a perfectly fine plastic pistol!

Nice job!

Now you got me thinking about another project.

Craig

Now I can have full size sight picture with the small grip that wont "print" as bad under my shirt .

So, based on the second picture, I have to ask - you do know you're supposed to cut the gun's grip to match the G27, not your hand, right?

:screwy:

Well , I wanted a good "gun to hand" match . I got a hand to knife blade match instead ! hahaha

The doctor that sewed me up was really cool . He was saying that he had a Glock also . He was talking about how hard and rough he is on his Glock and how they just keep on firing no matter what . We had a real good gun talk while he was sewing me up .

I gotta tell ya , matching up the "new" magwell to fit the G27 magazine was a pain in the butt . I had to put in the G27 mag and take it out to use as a pattern , I did that for about 50 times ! Taking a fraction of plastic off of the frame at a time .

I like the way it is and it functions great but I wont do that again . I was getting nervous at first thinking it wouldnt turn out right .

I thought you were kidding about stabbing and cutting yourself. Sorry that had to happen. However, I still think it was superb job and if your gun was a 17 rather than a 22 I would be trying to throw stuff at you to trade you out of it. But then I have a G17 that has been cut to 19 length, so what is stopping me to try and copy your pattern. Again, nice job.

Craig

I thought you were kidding about stabbing and cutting yourself. Sorry that had to happen. However, I still think it was superb job and if your gun was a 17 rather than a 22 I would be trying to throw stuff at you to trade you out of it. But then I have a G17 that has been cut to 19 length, so what is stopping me to try and copy your pattern. Again, nice job.

Craig

Getting a compliment from the Glock modification king himself is pretty fulfilling ! Thanks Craig .

Yeah I wasn't kidding about the cut . Right now I cant bend it or my hand very well . Kinda swollen .

Edited by tercel89

1st It's a really neat project that turned out great, kuddo's to you.

2nd The negative is you've cut the value of your Glock in half if you decide to get rid of it one day.

3rd You still had the desire to take on the project and get it done, which in the end is all that matter's.

I wasn't sure how I was gonna feel about it when you first started talking about it, but after seeing the finished product, I like it. It is not for me, but it looks really nice.

Sucks about the hand, but at least you have something to show for the scar.

Agreed on removing some trigger guard. Did it in my 23, went from a decent shooting compact, to an accurate shooting compact in my wide-ish hands. I just rolled some sand paper around my pointer finger, and went to it, for about 2 hours... Lol. Loved the results.