Fifth Sunday IDPA-lite Shoot For TGO Members

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wheelgunner100

Hi guys. Dennis from Volunteer Pistol Club here. Glad everyone had a good time. We really enjoyed having you come shoot with us. This was a new event for us and it seemed to go over quite well. We'll have to see about making it a regular event. Hope some of you will be able to come shoot with us at our regular 2nd and 4th Sunday matches.

Hey Dennis.

Nice to see you on here. Stick around. It can get entertaining.

Again, I think you can judge by the posts how valuable the whole experience was. And thanks to you, John, Alyce, and the rest of the club it all happened.

And in case anyone was interested in who the second-fastest revolver shooter in the world is, just ask Wheelgunner100.

Guest clutepc

Received mine as well.. the only thing that did was make me want to go again..

I can do better than that..lol.. I'll probably see you next time Dennis. :P

I think I was the only one with a compact I'm not sure what everyone else in SSP class was shooting..

Edited by clutepc
Guest clutepc

I think everyone who carries should try it at least once.. it'll open your eyes on a few things..

It'll make you question how good of a shot you are for one...:P along with being a great deal of fun.

Guest darkstar
Nyah nyah on all of you.

:P:p:p

You know...it's not enough that he places first in his own tournament, now he's gotta go around with this attitude, someone needs to take this guy down a peg or two. Or make fun of his revolver (that he beat us all with):D

Guest Jason F.

I am not happy at all with where I ended up. I guess I should have expected it with feed problems in every stage, a really long first stage clearing two jams, and a failure to disengage the safety on one stage. Now I must redeem myself at the first available opportunity.

It's easy to win Rabbi when you were the only one in your class :-)

(of course...I have no snippy comeback for the fact that he was also first overall)

The snippy comeback is that if you had been shooting that sport at that club for 4 years you would probably have blown past me with no problem.

With me it was just a matter of time in. You do it for a while and the courses become something of a second nature.

Welcome wheelgunner100! And thanks!!

I also got my scoresheet yesterday. Of course, I'm not at all happy, but considering it was my first time and I took my sweet time, I'm ok. And I know I will get better with practice.

My club (Gallatin Gun Club) shoots IDPA the 2nd Saturday, which is usually bad for me. I'd be up to going to Volunteer Pistol Club Creek on the 13th if they'll have me. Anyone else interested in giving it another try? (I just renewed my IDPA membership.)

Guest Jason F.

If my visiting family leaves by noon I will make it. I would have to leave the house at noon to get there in time to register so hopefully I can pull it off. I will have the bag packed and ready to rock. Now if my Mother decides she wants to continue the weekend of guilt and grief a few more hours I am out of luck.

Sounds like there will be a lot of us returning.

It should be a little different being all the rules apply this time.

I mentioned that all new shooters first have to serve as moving target stands, right?

No, j'k. The rules will be about the same. They will call more penalties, like cover and stuff, and be more insistent on cover garments, but that's about it.