Crime statistics LEO/permit holders

Just wondering, especially with the number of businesses that post the gun buster signs, what are the statistics on criminal acts, with or without weapons, of LEO? Permit holder? Both on the State and National levels.

My impression is that I read a lot more about illegal activities regarding LEO, but of course not every article, especially those that do not include a firearm, will note whether or not one is a permit holder. One can probably guess where I'm going with this. But to me it seems that by in large, the permit holders, will most likely be, statistcally speaking, the safest person going into the bank, resturant, etc., armed.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort of doubt any place will have this information already broke down into the categories you are talking about. I know the FBI tracks crime statistics and perhaps the TBI, but doubt if either note if the person is a LEO and/or a HCP holder, so guess you would have to get that info from somewhere and cross-reference it.

Not trying to pick a fight.

I suspect that is exactly what you are trying to do; but I’ll play. Why else would you post a question where there is no factual information? Being able to track cops that have been arrested could possibly be done. Being able to track HCP holders that commit crimes is impossible.

Are you going to try to make the argument to business owners that if the situation presented itself you would be better trained to deal with it than a Police Officer?

It's an intresting and probably good question. That being said even if the data were available you most likely couldn't beleive it. If that data was tracked it would by either a pro or anti gun group not an actual un bias agency that would publish raw numbers. The data would most likely be skewed or slanted to either prove or disprove what ever agenda the group has.

I suspect that is exactly what you are trying to do; but I’ll play. Why else would you post a question where there is no factual information? Being able to track cops that have been arrested could possibly be done. Being able to track HCP holders that commit crimes is impossible.

Are you going to try to make the argument to business owners that if the situation presented itself you would be better trained to deal with it than a Police Officer?

I posted because I have read several newspaper articles of criminal activity by LEO; nothing more, nothing less. Secondly, because I use forums as a way to tap the knowledge of others, especially with similar interests. Just thought someone may have seen something of this nature. I suspected that those with a HCP may be of statistical interest. Again, didn't know if that was the case or not.

Your last question is YOUR assumption. In many cases, just based on firearms training, many on this board will in all likely hood be better trained than the person who responds to your 911 call. As far as training for the situational response, doubtful. It never crossed my mind to make that argument to a business owner. As far as my intervention, it is only likely if myself or family is at risk. Just asking, no intention to offend anyone. Just the facts

So that this doesn't go off the rails, I close it now.

I posted where I though Raw Data could be obtained and the compiled.

If someone knows a place/website where this has already been done, PM me with the info and I will add it to the thread.