Today's Purchase

jcj

I've never owned a Glock...until now. Of course I had to buy the oddball single stack G36. I ran across this gently used G36 today and figured I'd bring it home to see if I can learn to like a Glock. It feels pretty good in my hands. Hoping to get it to the range tomorrow to try it out. I went with the 36 because I like the feel of the narrower single stack gun since I mostly shoot 1911s. The fact it was used and therefore not very expensive was also an incentive. I can't really find any wear marks on it and it was very hard to distinguish between this one and the NIB model sitting next to it.

It doesn't seem that there are lot of accessories for the G36. That's understandable since it is sort of an odd model. I will probably pick up an aftermarket barrel so I can shoot my reloads without worry. Otherwise I'm not sure if there's anything else it really needs.

I just sit here and keep looking at it thinking: "Well, it...it....it...it is...ugly."

Once I make sure it is reliable (as it should be) I'll start tracking down a decent holster for it. Probably a model from Shielded Holsters or a CB Supertuck. I picked up a cheap Desantis "Insider" IWB holster to use temporarily until I get something better.

2011-09-24%252019.21.31.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glocks ARE ugly, but they shoot pretty good. I went the m&p route because I like the looks and backstraps better. I still can't get over how well a g19 fits my hand though....will probably end up getting one of those anyways.

Glocks ARE ugly, but they shoot pretty good. I went the m&p route because I like the looks and backstraps better. I still can't get over how well a g19 fits my hand though....will probably end up getting one of those anyways.

I looked at an M&P 9mm today. Very nice and the adjustable backstraps are definitely a plus. Price being equal I probably would have taken the M&P home.

On the contrary, I don't think the Glocks are ugly at all. Especially when sitting beside the Hi-Power C9! lol Congrats on your purchase.

For your holster purchase, look at the Theisholsters.com ones. They look pretty much like the Crossbreeds which I have no experience with, but my Theisholster is more comfortable that I expected, and was a little cheaper.

Excellent purchase! The G-36 is my favorite of all the Glock model’s, its slimmer grip fits my hand more naturally and handles easily. IMHO the G-36 and either a G-17 or 19 are the near perfect combination of Glock’s. Others will feel differently of course but it’s all about what the individual user thinks. Good luck in your holster search, you might consider taking a look at the Blackhawk Sherpa, it’s not terribly expensive but still has good quality.

I am a big Glock fan. I have a 23, 19, 35, & 34. I had a 36, very good gun. Reliable and easy to carry. A little uncomfortable to shoot but a great pistol. As far as reloads, it's just lead is the only problem. Plated or jacketed will be just fine in the stock barrel. I do shoot lead in my Glocks with no issues but that seems to start a huge controversy in the Glock world.

When it comes to Glocks , I believe they ARE nice looking and the one thing you cant deny is they are the best , I say the BEST in rust resistance . The G36's are nice guns . There have been a few here and there of the G36's having problems . I have not experienced any though . I carry the G30 and the G34.

Guest WyattEarp

+1 on the CB Supertuck. got mine for my CZ 75 P-07 last week, been breaking it in and it's very comfortable and stealth.

at first glance I thought for sure it would rub my lower right side raw, but it didn't. my only concern is the kydex melting in the summer if I have to leave it in the car or something. but it has a lifetime warranty, so no worries.

Thanks to some inspiration from some of your G36's, I made a couple of minor upgrades to mine today.

Extended slide stop lever, decal grips, slug plug, and a new slide back-plate (with tactical cat-hair attachment for the photo.. :screwy:)

I thought the extended slide stop lever would make it easier to drop the slide from the lever, but it is still oh-so-difficult. It was impossible before, now it is just insanely hard. (I usually just use the slide instead of the lever, but still..) Is that a Glock thing? This one was previously owned when I bought it, but it was manufactured in May of this year and looks like it really hasn't been shot much.

2011-09-29%252021.23.43.jpg

2011-09-29%252021.23.16-1.jpg

I thought the extended slide stop lever would make it easier to drop the slide from the lever, but it is still oh-so-difficult. It was impossible before, now it is just insanely hard. (I usually just use the slide instead of the lever, but still..) Is that a Glock thing?

glocks aren't really designed to drop the slide using the lever. put the mag in and pull back on the slide then release.