Is CC permitted at Predators Games

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically the arena isn't posted, at least I have yet to see a sign. BUT they don't want you carrying, if caught, you'll get tossed out and forfeit your tickets. This argument has been made before about concerts. Maybe they DON'T have a legal right to refuse you if they're not legally posted. BUT, the dozen or so Metro PD officers that frequent those events.....well, law or no law; You'll leave if they say leave. I wouldn't bet against that.

In short, Don't carry. I keep a spyderco and two small pepperspray dispensers in my pockets for concerts @ the Bridgestone. Also my wallet is on a chain(hide that in your pocket when in the entrance line). I cast a heavy lead weight as a key fob. Attach to wallet chain...commence whoopin' heads.

Edited by Caster

If it is not illegal, then carry. I would carry a small gun and keep it concealed well. I have done that before at sporting events and concerts. You have to realize many businesses will ask you to leave if your handgun is seen, not just a sporting event or concert. Just because some business does not have a certain sign does not mean the business owner or employees cannot ask someone with a gun to leave. There is a difference between a criminal offense (state law) and business policy (asking you to leave). I'm sure many of the Fortune 100 companies I've carried at would have asked me to leave if my handgun was discovered, but I haven't broken the law. Your handgun carry permit is to keep you from getting a criminal charge of 'intent to go armed' not to keep you from being asked to leave by a business.

Edited by 270win
Guest ArmaDeFuego

Its not posted legally, but it is in their rules that you cant enter with a weapon.

The last time I went to something there they had security checking stuff at the door. They didnt do pat downs tho so I could have carried past them & inside legally. I didnt have my carry permit at the time tho so I didnt have a gun on me.

If you get made with your gun inside I'm sure they will ask you to leave, since it is against their policy. Of course if you dont leave at that point you could be arrested for trespassing....

Guest kirkosaurus
Do not do anything which might remove your HCP...

How would you lose your HCP? Bridgestone Arena is not posted with legal verbiage. You cannot lose your HCP for carrying into a place that does not post per the TN law. At most you can be asked to leave and if you refuse you can be arrested for trespassing.

How would you lose your HCP? Bridgestone Arena is not posted with legal verbiage. You cannot lose your HCP for carrying into a place that does not post per the TN law. At most you can be asked to leave and if you refuse you can be arrested for trespassing.

It's been shown that it only takes a letter or two from LEA to TNDOS to zap your permit, without breaking any laws. So don't piss any cops off.

- OS

Guest WyattEarp

if it's that big of a deal, hire an attorney to work on a contingency fee basis, and sue them. they aren't properly posted, you're being denied admission for following the law. should be open and shut case. just make sure you go walkabout around the arena, and get photos of all entrances to back up what you're saying, because sure as ****, the minute your lawyer has them served with a subpoena to appear in court, they'll put up the signs and say "we have no idea what you're talking about, we're properly posted". use time and date stamps on your photos, and keep all of the originals (raw format if possible, because raw format files are not editable, if you edit them they end up being converted to .jpg so at least the defense can't accuse you of "editing the photos").

RAW format files can be edited just as easily as jpg's :D

if it's that big of a deal, hire an attorney to work on a contingency fee basis, and sue them. they aren't properly posted, you're being denied admission for following the law. should be open and shut case. just make sure you go walkabout around the arena, and get photos of all entrances to back up what you're saying, because sure as ****, the minute your lawyer has them served with a subpoena to appear in court, they'll put up the signs and say "we have no idea what you're talking about, we're properly posted". use time and date stamps on your photos, and keep all of the originals (raw format if possible, because raw format files are not editable, if you edit them they end up being converted to .jpg so at least the defense can't accuse you of "editing the photos").
Turns out my wife got sick and I didn't get to go at all...Kinda disappointed b/c this was to be my first hockey game. Oh well, maybe next time...

It was a great game we won in overtime, I have season tickets I do not carry at the games as I can lose my tickets if caught I discussed this matter with my ticket agent when we bought ours

Last time I was there I looked for signage. There is a statement that's pretty long in the breezeway (between the entrance and the next set of doors) that's in reference to weapons being prohibited on the property, maximum fine blah blah. It's kinda like the signs I've seen on school campuses years ago. I'm not sure if that's in line with the legal sign requirement to prevent permit holders from carrying on premises though. I'm not sure I'm willing to be the guinea pig to find out either.

Guest kirkosaurus
Last time I was there I looked for signage. There is a statement that's pretty long in the breezeway (between the entrance and the next set of doors) that's in reference to weapons being prohibited on the property, maximum fine blah blah. It's kinda like the signs I've seen on school campuses years ago. I'm not sure if that's in line with the legal sign requirement to prevent permit holders from carrying on premises though. I'm not sure I'm willing to be the guinea pig to find out either.

What's up there, T! Is baby T here yet? :P

Yeah, I've seen a similar sign but don't remember seeing anything about a fine. I would assume that is for those carrying illegally? Last time I was there (Keith Urban w/the wife) I left mine in the car but with the pocket rocket setup I have now I wouldn't be bashful about carrying in there. No one would ever know unless there was some kind of random frisking. Then it might still be difficult to notice it. :lol: