Herman Cain the Black Walnut

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest metalrecordingservices

Does any one realize the mentor during Obama's one Senate term was not primarily Ted? It was Herman Cain. More of the same with with a different name, it's past time for a pro middle class which is por labor third party candidate. One that will protect our rights to privacy, and search and seizure rights, these are the foundations that give gun rights any true meaning or value. The last serious conservative put the country in the toilet and we have not revived the economy yet. We need to rethink the wedge issue that allows the pendulum to swing far from centrist moderate. We'd be better off with a greater balance, less wedge division pushing, and the ridiculous notion that government functions could be done better by giving someone a profit and cutting the workforce to cheap labor. I want my guns made in America, and labor market that let's me afford to but them. Anti-labor candidates can not deliver that. You want more working honest citizens owning and holding fast to gun rights attach it to pro labor, not a specific one of two parties. Of the GOP list only Ron would have nerve for the flat fair tax. At least aim for the most logical compromise short of brave and different thinking in politics.

The 9-9-9 tax plan is a bridge. Changing the Constitution can take 10 years or more. The fair tax would require abolishing the 16th Amendment. Having a bridge like 9-9-9 would provide a tax base that wouldn't entirely disappear if the 16th were abolished. It will also show the american people the benefit of the fair tax, and provide incentive for abolishing the 16th Amendment. Not only were the details well thought out, the benefits and long term effects were also cleverly considered.

Those of us in TN would obviously pay a high overall sales tax, but we would have a lot more paycheck in our pockets to pay it with. Have you ever calculated what percentage of your check you pay in total federal taxes? Not just income tax withholding, this will replace all the federal deductions with a flat 9%.

Does any one realize the mentor during Obama's one Senate term was not primarily Ted? It was Herman Cain. More of the same with with a different name, it's past time for a pro middle class which is por labor third party candidate. One that will protect our rights to privacy, and search and seizure rights, these are the foundations that give gun rights any true meaning or value. The last serious conservative put the country in the toilet and we have not revived the economy yet. We need to rethink the wedge issue that allows the pendulum to swing far from centrist moderate. We'd be better off with a greater balance, less wedge division pushing, and the ridiculous notion that government functions could be done better by giving someone a profit and cutting the workforce to cheap labor. I want my guns made in America, and labor market that let's me afford to but them. Anti-labor candidates can not deliver that. You want more working honest citizens owning and holding fast to gun rights attach it to pro labor, not a specific one of two parties. Of the GOP list only Ron would have nerve for the flat fair tax. At least aim for the most logical compromise short of brave and different thinking in politics.

Show the evidence that Herman Cain is Obama's Mentor. Post links to articles that substantiate that statement.. Rest of you comment isn't clear on meaning..

Guest President Fernatt

as above: prove it

You are demanding a "logical" approach...then insert Ron Paul...really? I have nothing good to say to the ron paul revolutionaries. If Ron's supporters would practice the same "logic" they demand...then possibly they would see a glimpse of reality and support someone who can actually change things rather than simply end things. I appreciate your view but in all reality at some point Ron's crew has to become active in a truly meaningful campaign. In all genuine, respectful sincerity I ask: what is the point in supporting Paul when he is simply un-electable? Wouldn't more satisfaction come in making compromise on issues and supporting someone more accessible by minorities and idependents who can actually motivate and inspire on a larger scale?

OH AND BY THE WAY... Cain stands firmly on the 2nd ammendment and proudly shares the fact that he has numerous guns. He spoke at the rally today and said that under his Administration the Constitution, especially the 2nd Ammendment, will be heavily defended. He exclaimed that he will never give up his guns and we will always have the right to defend ourselves.

Edited by President Fernatt
Guest President Fernatt
He counters the argument with fact that your income tax would drop at least 9% also, and in most cases of "middle class" and up, more.

And of course, unlike withholding tax, you do have discretion over your spending habits. As a matter of fact, there would be no sales tax on used goods. Dunno about food and essential services, not hip to the details.

On the other hand, folks who pay NO income tax would have to pay more overall if they maintain the same level and type of consumption. Then again, maybe that's one of the left handed intents of the plan?

- OS

I'm okay with paying a little more overall if Federally the taxes are the same for everyone which they will be. If it puts the country on the right track AND the loop holes for corporations are eliminated as Cain's plan states I'm happy. Just another tid bit of information. In his plan, a company can deduct expenses that they spent on materials to make the product but ONLY if those materials were American products. That is a pretty interesting approach and I think it will encourage companies to do more business (jobs) in the US.

I am NOT OK with spending one more penny out of my pocket then I already am. Taxpayers contributing more so those that don't is pretty much base cause of the situation we are in now. Washington needs to fix this now and without spending one more cent....and without coming to us that actually work hard, play by the rules and WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A FUTURE.

Guest President Fernatt
After his "Meet The Press" appearance today, I decided I'm a Cain man. Been looking at him for a while, today clinched it. Even sent him a few bucks.

Congrats on jumping aboard the Cain train. I'm sure he appreciates your donations as well. You can go to his page and join "Team Cain" which is essentially a Herman Cain Facebook-esque community. There is a Tennessee group and divisional county groups. You can join each in order to get information on events, his poll success, and resources to aid in your Herman Cain research that are specifically tailored for your state and region.

We have to be vocally and financially supportive in order for him to continue to surge above the typical slimey, flip-flopping politicans like Romney and Perry. If either of those get the GOP nod, the 2012 elecions will look just like the 2008 elections. Too many people stayed home from the polls and even those that did vote were doing so "against" Obama and not "for" McCain. Most voters didn't like McCain but they felt they had to atleast vote to beat Obama. It was disaster. HERMAN CAIN will actually motivate people to come to the polls not because they have to...but because they want to. He is a man of Integrity and sound intent who put himself on the line offering specific solutions instead of simply pointing out the problems with sound-bites and talking points like the others are doing. Raise some Cain!

It is refreshing for me to see someone like Cain.

The politicians nowadays act too phony. They're

so obvious. Herman Cain projects confidence. I

think that's why he is becoming very popular. I

don't remember if he was the one who started

"Honkies for Herman", or not, but Phil Valentine

said he was one while interviewing Cain. Cain

started laughing pretty hard. It was funny. I

think Cain is alright and his tax plan is fine.

For those still doubting on the 9-9-9, consider

how many times the current tax system rates

have and can change, historically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just watching a minutes of Hannity's program before going to the gym. He had on Frank Luntz's focus group thing, and they were talking about Herman Cain and his 999 plan. What I was hearing made me want to jump through my tv and shake all these people by the collar and scream at them to wake up.

As stated in other threads, I have my reservations on the 999 plan, but it is irrelevant to the point I want to make. Yes, the current tax code sucks and it does need to be changed. That is without question. However, there is an even more pressing matter than the way the government collects taxes, and what type of taxes they collect. Federal spending. Every candidate talks about repealing Obamacare, Dodd/Frank, and Sarbanes/Oxley, and all of those are of paramount importance, but they are not going to be enough. What I would like to hear as the primary focus of all the candidates is their Cut-Cut-Cut plan.

Yes, without cutting the size of the .gov, it is for not.

The 9/9/9 plan will bring in more revenue to the Fed than it gets now. That is like giving a drunk more alcohol to solve his drinking problem. The other thing is that the 9/9/9 plan is actually a 9/9/9/9 plan since employers will no longer be able to deduct payroll. Where will the employers get that 9% from? Your salary.

Not to mention, we pay over 9% here in TN for sales tax which we are able to deduct now and won't under Cain's plan. That adds another 9 for TN residents...

"... abolish the income tax and the IRS, and replace them with nothing.†—Dr. Ron Paul.

Guest MERRILL

The Tax Policy Center, a Washington think tank, claims that Cain's plan would increase taxes on 84% of US households. Those hit hardest would be low and medium income households. The tax center said that households making 10k to 20K would see increases averaging $2705 which is an increase of about 950%. They further stated that the rich would get huge tax cuts.

This view is shared with economic theorists, regardless of political affiliation, noting that sales taxes hit low income families the hardest since they spend a higher percentage of their income than wealthier families.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about The Tax Policy center, but the article I read claimed that it was an independent analysis.

Edited by MERRILL

In his revised plan, Cain said that people who now do not earn enough to pay tax would pay nothing in income tax under his revised plan. "If you are at or below the poverty level, your plan isn't 9-9-9 it is 9-0-9," Cain said. "Say amen y'all. 9-0-9."

9-9-9 Plan | Herman Cain for President

Home | Herman Cain for President

Amidst a backdrop of the economic renewal created by the 9-9-9 Plan, I will begin the process of educating the American people on the benefits of continuing the next step to the Fair Tax.

• Ultimately replaces individual and corporate income taxes
  • Ends the IRS as we know it and repeals the 16th Amendment

Edited by kieefer