Tennessee Firearm Freedom Act results.

Guest marican

Guest marican

Has anybody challenged this law? I know the ATF was up in arms about it, but havn't heard anything in a few years. I'm not even sure if any tennessee only guns exist.

Anybody know?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am not mistaken this applies to ammunition manufactured in this state also. I know it does so in Montana and Arizona. If it is manufactured in the state and stays in the state the federal government has no say about it.

If I am not mistaken this applies to ammunition manufactured in this state also. I know it does so in Montana and Arizona. If it is manufactured in the state and stays in the state the federal government has no say about it.

So that would apply to solid copper pistol bullets yeah?

Any ammunition manufactured in that state. I checked back with some friends that still live in Az and they said the number of small shops that started making and selling ammunition increased quite a bit. Those folks out there love their guns and ammunition. Having had conversation with many of them, the consensus is screw the ATF and there meddling.

I would love the Supreme Court to put the feds in their place - generally speaking - but I doubt it'll happen. Color me surprised if it does.

Make two of us I just hope I need my Crayons.

Guest bkelm18

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the Montana law require the state's Attorney General to defend against the feds in the event they try to prosecute? Seems I remember something like that. Again IIRC, TN's law does not contain that.

Not quite.

The Feds are asserting that any weapon part that "travels in interstate commerce" is regulated. So, all parts would have to be made and assembled in TN. But, they go even further. Are the parts milled from steel that originated and was processed soley in TN?

The interstate commerce clause is far reaching. I'm watching the MT case with interest.

Guest BungieCord

I suspect Marbut's plan all along was to get this before SCOTUS as a test of 10A. I don't know how that lawyer stuff works but my hunch is the other states are passing their own version to give them standing to file amicus briefs.