Permafocus, when did binoculars do this?

Tncobra

Ive been wanting a pair of binoculars for awhile now. My little 9x21 micro pair arnt cutting it.

So I pick up a pair of Bushnell Permafocus 10x50, that should work. Holy mackrel! When did having to adjust everything dissapear? All you have to do with these are look through them, MAGIC! My wife says there must be some little dudes inside spinning lenses around or something to that effect.

Heres what I got

(The case looks like cheap vinyl, because it is.) Flimsy neck strap not in picture. Actual binoculars seem real nice though. Clear as a bell glass.

. BUSHNELL-Permafocus-10x50-Binoculars-Accessories-175010-Pic2.jpg

Edited by Tncobra
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it, you just lose the first 30-50 feet depending on focal length, so just like a camera lens, at a certain distance it stays in focus to infinity. Or at least in focus enough that your eye doesn't see a diff since the field of view is pretty wide for the focal length.

- OS

What if your eyballs are out of focus?
That's what's magic. I wear readers and the wife is blind. Nothing to adjust with or without glasses/contacts on. I need to bust them open and see what's going on in there.

Today I did notice within 50 ft it was a tad out of focus, but I do t need them that close.

That's what's magic. I wear readers and the wife is blind. Nothing to adjust with or without glasses/contacts on. I need to bust them open and see what's going on in there....

As long as you are just somewhat far sighted you're good. Near sighted folks should still need their glasses.

There's no adjustable diopter on them, right?

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

That's what I would have guessed. High F-stop, nearly infinite focus (great depth-of-field), poor light-gathering. Being fixed-focus, they should be poor performers in dim light.

(I redefined another key to perform the space function. It's slow, but so what, I'm retired.

RE: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/general-off-topic/64252-id-bug.html)

Edited by enfield

J

That's what I would have guessed. High F-stop, nearly infinite focus (great depth-of-field), poor light-gathering. Being fixed-focus, they should be poor performers in dim light.
Worked ok in the dim rain clouds today. Also last night checking out the moon :)

These should suit my needs perfect. For the quick grab not having to fool with focus or relief. Should be real good for sports.

Edited by Tncobra