Whats happened to Tenn sports ?

laktrash

I know this is kinda of going on another thread but ,but whats happening to Tenn sports that you can't watch them win at something anymore. Mens BB at Maui they seemed to play OK but fell short ( 1 win ). Sat FB VOlS/ KY :( , Sun lady VOLS / baylor loss. Grinder needs a DNA check. Mon men BB lose to who ? Oakland ? :) . I didn't bother to watch all of it because I saw it coming. I 'm not a hadcore sports addict but do enjoy watching a win every once in awhile. In the past you always watched games thinking we going to win. Best I remeber we sucked at baseball also. Losing certainly doesn't help recruiting

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what happens in sports, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. College sports teams have their ups and downs. That's just how it works. Remember when South Carolina sucked at football? They are at a high point now. Same for the Bama's and LSU's of the world. Teams are constantly rising and falling, and right now UT is on a downfall.

I have confidence that they will be back. They are too big and have too many rich boosters to stay in the dumps for too long.

Guest WyattEarp
I know this is kinda of going on another thread but ,but whats happening to Tenn sports that you can't watch them win at something anymore. Mens BB at Maui they seemed to play OK but fell short ( 1 win ). Sat FB VOlS/ KY :( , Sun lady VOLS / baylor loss. Grinder needs a DNA check. Mon men BB lose to who ? Oakland ? :) . I didn't bother to watch all of it because I saw it coming. I 'm not a hadcore sports addict but do enjoy watching a win every once in awhile. In the past you always watched games thinking we going to win. Best I remeber we sucked at baseball also. Losing certainly doesn't help recruiting

it just comes and goes in cycles. all sports are like that, the parity in all sports is very apparent, be it NCAA, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL. recruiting is very competitive in the NCAA, free agency and higher salary caps in professional sports, and the NBA/NFL/NHL Drafts, create a pretty level playing field in terms of ability to win. The rest comes down to coaching, preparation, # of injuries a team has, how they respond to adversity (suspensions, ejections, injuries), team bonding/cohesion, quality of the coaching staff compared to their skill level, team management/ownership, front office ability to evaluate talent, bring in quality contributors, there's just lots of factors.

Denver Broncos, Rockies, and Avalanche have struggled for years (with exception to the Rockies making the World Series in 2007) to be competitive and win. Only the Nuggets have been a pretty much annual playoff contender.

You have to take the good with the bad, and even in the toughest of stretches a true fan sticks by his team, and eventually your team will break through and do something special.

It's been 6 seasons since Denver made the playoffs, and it's not been fun, but as you see now, we're in the race for a wildcard, if we get a little bit of help, Denver can win that division (I don't know if they will or not), but I'm enjoying it!

hang in there, it'll turn around at some point. real fans don't jump ship just cause the going gets tough.

UT football is down now because the people in charge tried shortcuts to success, Dooley is paying for it. Fulmer was allowed to bring in athletes who were far from being students, it did not work so well. A poor hire was made in bringing in Kiffen who left for his dream job. He left the cupboard bare. Spending money does not guarentee success.

And of course Dolley will bear the brunt of past failures he has very little if anything to do with. And then the cycle starts again.

No point even commenting on Basketball, But it is fair to say that Pearl did not do things the correct way. The program will most likely be down for a while now. Again bad hiring practices and bad policies amongst those in charge.

Lady Vols have had near unprecedented success over the years. How can it be a problem they lost a game to the #1 ladies team in the country.

I totally laugh at people around here ( Knoxville in general)who have this attitude that UT deserves to win. Aside from the Lady Vols UT sports have a good year here and there but never dominate year after year.

Why would it be different now?

I don't hate UT, I root for them, but I am realistic.

Guest lostpass
One word answer: Hamilton.

Hamilton fired Fulmer, fired Delmonico, hired Pearl, hired Raliegh, hired Kiffen and Dooley.

I guess the guy was really good at consolidating power, what athletic director gets the stroke to fire a national championship winning coach? Crap, you need little boys raped to get rid of Joe Pa and Mike can get rid of Fulmer?

Hamilton was terrible for the wins and losses, though I hear he was good at getting buildings built. When they hired him I was skeptical, when he left with extra money I knew he had played them. He was a terrible AD but he was still smarter than everyone surrounding him.