Udall, Webb Amendment Fails to Pass Senate

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikedwood
Yet, when I ask a soldier , a veteran or a cop who they would side with, I always hear "the people", not the

government. I wonder if it is true.

I don't think they will be so bold as to just say "Ok guys lets go get them guns"

A propaganda campaign would come 1st. Most people will be sucked right in.

I think it will be more subtle, this person here, that person there, some militias, all terrorists of course. Make a big show out of it. Throw out some outlandish accusations that could easily be backed up but that information cannot be released now due to national security.

And you, me and the LEOs and whoever else working the case will agree that "Those people were dangerous". They will make you thankful for the guns they take away.

Then they will start an effort to get guns turned in and many more than we want to imagine will comply. They may not even have to pass a law. Just give out more Kroger's or Walmart gift cards. After than anyone left with a gun is a terrorist and must be dealt with accordingly and as such.

Say it can't happen like that? They have found people to put their hands down your pants at airports and made you (general you, not you personally). And most people think it's necessary. Yes they have found men that they can pay who will put their hands down another mans pants FOR A LIVING! And women to grope women FOR A LIVING!

10 years ago if I told you that another man besides your doctor would be putting his hands down your pants, I dunno maybe you would have hit me.

6.8:_____________

I think (...i dont know for sure, i havent taken the time to verify the house version...) that's this is right. It seems like i remember reading something about this "house" version the other day. Also, there is evidently some more fighting goin on in the senate led by Rand Paul about all this stuff.

leroy

This bill is a large leap down a very slippery slope. Freedom once taken is never returned freely. We as a people have had our heads buried for way to long. Easy living, entitlements and such have softened the American people. Maybe people will begin to awaken.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I don't think they will be so bold as to just say "Ok guys lets go get them guns"

A propaganda campaign would come 1st. Most people will be sucked right in.

I think it will be more subtle, this person here, that person there, some militias, all terrorists of course. Make a big show out of it. Throw out some outlandish accusations that could easily be backed up but that information cannot be released now due to national security.

And you, me and the LEOs and whoever else working the case will agree that "Those people were dangerous". They will make you thankful for the guns they take away.

Then they will start an effort to get guns turned in and many more than we want to imagine will comply. They may not even have to pass a law. Just give out more Kroger's or Walmart gift cards. After than anyone left with a gun is a terrorist and must be dealt with accordingly and as such.

Say it can't happen like that? They have found people to put their hands down your pants at airports and made you (general you, not you personally). And most people think it's necessary. Yes they have found men that they can pay who will put their hands down another mans pants FOR A LIVING! And women to grope women FOR A LIVING!

10 years ago if I told you that another man besides your doctor would be putting his hands down your pants, I dunno maybe you would have hit me.

I see it that way, too. Nazi Germany is the model. It made sheep out of a nation looking for a herder. We're just the next field separated by a large pond.

You know? At the end of the day, this bill, if it was enacted in the 60's, would have possibly put Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dorn in jail. I guess

you figured I was looking for something positive by now. Too bad his kind and a bunch of cowards decided we were more dangerous, later on.

The problem is that the vast majority of people are still under the illusion that the federal govt. has our best interests at heart and would never abuse its powers. They read that this is only going to be used against Al Qaeda and think they are safe. It doesn't occur to them that Al Qaeda is just being used to get the foot in the door. They don't envision the slope we are going down, where the first people apprehended really will be hardcore Al Qaeda types, then people with tenuous links to that group, then domestic 'terrorists', and finally anyone who dares to speak against the govt. I absolutely guarantee you there are members of this forum reading this post and the others in this thread and rolling their eyes, thinking 'tinfoil hats'. They think the U.S. govt is the first benevolent govt. in the history of the universe and could never do anything like what I describe.