2012 Presidential Primary Poll

Who do you plan on voting for on Super Tuesday?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you plan on voting for on Super Tuesday?

• Michelle Bachmann
    • Newt Gingrich
    • Jon Huntsman
    • Ron Paul
    • Rick Perry
    • Mitt Romney
    • Rick Santorum
    • None of the above
    • I'm a Democrat
    • Not going to vote

Just for curiousity's sake, I have created a primary poll as to which Republican candidate you are planning to vote for on Super Tuesday March 6, 2012. Since this forum is in no way affiliated with any political party, I feel it necessary to create an option to allow all to participate. I have created a box for Democrat voters that are planning to vote for Obama or some other Democrat candidate. Please check the "I'm a Democrat" box if this applies to you.

So here is your chance to let your voice(vote) be heard(read). All votes will be confidential, but if you would like to comment on who you plan on voting for and why, feel free. Remember, no personal attacks, so if you cannot handle yourself as an adult, please do not participate.

Now, for those of you who want to show off your political acumen by stating that such and such candidate won't be around Super Tuesday, please refrain. This poll is for entertainment purposes only.

Since Herman Cain has suspended his campaign, he will not be listed on this poll. However, if you plan on voting for him anyway, you can check the "None of the above" box.

Thanks for participating.

Edited by mav
can't type

If the election happened today, I would vote for Newt for a couple of reasons. I don't like Romney much more than Obama, and newt is probably the only one that can beat him. And Newt, like him or not, is probably smarter than the rest. I like Ron Paul the best, but don't think he can pull it off.

Well, Mike, you should have voted for Paul. Consider it a primary poll :D as I did and whoever gets the nomination to beat BHO in the general election.

I've always liked Santorum but there's less of chance for him to win than Paul.

I don't want to start anything but I want to put out the current stats;

There's 13178 members resgistered, 190 currently online, 67 members, 123 guests. The only reason I bring this up is because I know how the Paul voters spam polls.:D No offense to Paul voters, just saying.

Where's CAMACHO in the line up?? :D

Well, Mike, you should have voted for Paul. Consider it a primary poll :D as I did and whoever gets the nomination to beat BHO in the general election.

I've always liked Santorum but there's less of chance for him to win than Paul.

I don't want to start anything but I want to put out the current stats;

There's 13178 members resgistered, 190 currently online, 67 members, 123 guests. The only reason I bring this up is because I know how the Paul voters spam polls.:D No offense to Paul voters, just saying.

Where's CAMACHO in the line up?? :D

Because party alone won't carry thru the general.

Camacho is a fun guy, but I like Not Sure much better.

Here is a different spin on things. Some of the people on the forum (and around the country) are trying to imploy strategy in the primary process as to nominate a candidate that might "possibly" be the better candidate to beat Obama instead of voting for who they like or who they think is better for the country. Right now, Gingrich and Romney are claiming that spot. Here is something to think about.

Newt has done many things to tick off conservatives, and in some cases the damage is irreparable (i.e. some conservatives will not vote for him). Newt is also loathed by the left and is often seen by moderates as too polarizing. Therefore, if Newt wins the nomination, he will have to have all Republicans and conservatives vote for him in the general because I seriously doubt he will get many moderates and certainly no liberals to vote for him. If any Republicans or conservatives get the red ass against Newt as they did McCain, then Obama is guaranteed a victory irregardless on how bad Newt beats him in the debates.

You have almost the same situation for Romney, except he can appeal to moderates, but is hated more by conservatives. Romney could gain some votes by bringing over moderates and liberals, but he will lose some conservatives who will not vote for him. Even though I didn't care for him nor thought he was all that conservative, Cain would have been a better candidate to go against Obama when compared to Newt or Romney. It is a moot point since Cain is no longer a factor.

I only bring up these points to illustrate to those who are trying to strategize in the primary process on who is the more electable candidate instead of who is the best candiate (or the one the like the best), they may well end up giving Obama a second term. I believe Newt or Romney will have a harder time defeating Obama than some of the other candidates.

I cast my vote for Newt, like Mike Gideon, I think he can beat the doofus. If

Ron Paul can start sustaining some kind of lead and overcome the elites in the

Republicans I will gladly vote for him. Mike.357, please tell me what Newt did,

specifically. I think you might ponder the rest of the politics involved at the time

of his terrible reign. If it is the scandal you may be referring to, how many times

were there Jim Wrights, Tom Foleys, etc.? Scandals that make him pale in comparison.

and the mess they created or allowed to happen were terribly more serious than

Newt. When he drove the House to a majority, he did do what he said, and it was

what the people voted for. Something called truth, but the Clinton factor muddied

the water for quite a few years that a lot of folks still don't understand, also.

I don't know anyone I would have rather had at the time, other than Newt. Dick Armey,

maybe? I still love that guy. He's active in the Tea Party, nowadays.

Then, there's even one more way to think about all of this... We're screwed, no matter what. NO president has the power to fix it. Only the people can, and that just ain't gonna happen.

Somehow, I think that's already been decided for us, Mike. And, yes, I agree. No one president will be

able to fix it. The hole is way too deep. It'll take a lot of pain before enough of the "people" take this

place back.

...Newt has done many things to tick off conservatives, ....You have almost the same situation for Romney...

Yeah, I'm wondering if we might actually see chance of the first brokered convention since ... whenever, didn't look it up.

Interesting speculation on the Dem side that seems to be gaining credence: Barack dumps Joe and adds Hillary. Might swing it.

- OS

I think 6.8 and Gideon ought to be on the ticket together.

As for Newt just how long has he been running for office? The whole mindset of political careers is the problem. it pisses me the hell off. Get a freakin job, yanno.

At least Obummer never had a job.

Aww, Lennon wasn't all that bad. Been digging up a few of his masterpieces, lately. I think

he may have had a lot of us fooled. Quite a few profound messages about our government

and capitalism can be found in some of the tunes. Shocking to me. Hell, just listen to Revolution

and see what he really is saying. At least I think so. Paul is the one I can't stand, btw.

That "vote for me, I'll set you free" came from some Motown(?) artist I can't remember. It's

been stuck in my head for years.