2012 Presidential Primary Poll

Who do you plan on voting for on Super Tuesday?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you plan on voting for on Super Tuesday?

• Michelle Bachmann
    • Newt Gingrich
    • Jon Huntsman
    • Ron Paul
    • Rick Perry
    • Mitt Romney
    • Rick Santorum
    • None of the above
    • I'm a Democrat
    • Not going to vote

I think 6.8 and Gideon ought to be on the ticket together.

As for Newt just how long has he been running for office? The whole mindset of political careers is the problem. it pisses me the hell off. Get a freakin job, yanno.

At least Obummer never had a job.

Sounds like you need to learn more about Newt?

His contract with America in 94 encouraged term limits but feels now that 12 years for a term would be better since it takes a few years for the House Representatives to learn the process, which makes sense to me. Fully agree we need term limits in government and including the Supreme Court as well.

Matter of fact, on Huckabee last night he had the candidates on with three attorneys doing the interviews. If I'm not mistaken Newt mentioned he wanted term limits in the courts and wanted the president with the congress to be able to overturn the courts if they legislate outside of the law and the Constitution.

Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos

Guest mikedwood

Good poll. It's very interesting. The candidates that are "2nd tier" and "have no chance" are pretty much carrying the poll here. Yet most of you guys keep up the the stuff.

Maybe you can't tell much cause only 20 votes cast but I think it shows how much the media influences the polls.

Go Go Ron Paul!!!! Freedom baby!

Guest bkelm18
Good poll. It's very interesting. The candidates that are "2nd tier" and "have no chance" are pretty much carrying the poll here. Yet most of you guys keep up the the stuff.

Maybe you can't tell much cause only 20 votes cast but I think it shows how much the media influences the polls.

Go Go Ron Paul!!!! Freedom baby!

Ron Paul is winning here because the people who populate this forum are most likely to agree with his viewpoints. A very biased poll. However he just won't have the support, either by the citizenry or by those already in gov't to pull off a win against Big O. Paul winning the primary would be the Dem's dream.

Ron Paul is winning here because the people who populate this forum are most likely to agree with his viewpoints. A very biased poll. However he just won't have the support, either by the citizenry or by those already in gov't to pull off a win against Big O. Paul winning the primary would be the Dem's dream.

B,

while I tend to agree with you I do have to wonder why Paul continues to be near the top of all the straw polls. Interesting times we are in.

Guest bkelm18
B,

while I tend to agree with you I do have to wonder why Paul continues to be near the top of all the straw polls. Interesting times we are in.

While I don't disagree that he is a top contender with the conservatives, I really think he would be ripped to shreds going head to head with Obama. He's too far right and too static for moderates and liberals. I realize many people who voted for Obama are not satisfied with him and would like to not vote for him again, but it would be a stretch to think that those that voted for an extreme leftist would switch their vote to an extreme rightist simply because they are not satisfied with O's performance. Likewise if there are those that voted for O because they did not like McCain, I doubt they would vote for Paul on this go around considering McCain is about as moderate as they come and any serious conservative wouldn't have voted for O if they didn't like McCain, they would have gone third party. So in the end, what it will really come down to are those conservatives that voted third party and would it be enough if they all voted for Paul, which in my opinion, no, considering the moderates who voted McCain would likely choose O over Paul given his staunch far right views. But, like I said, these are just my opinions.

Edited by bkelm18

[quote name=6.8 AR;825083

That "vote for me' date=' I'll set you free" came from some Motown(?) artist I can't remember. It's

been stuck in my head for years.[/quote]

I believe that would be "Ball of Confusion" by the Temptations

Glenn

Guest mikedwood
While I don't disagree that he is a top contender with the conservatives, I really think he would be ripped to shreds going head to head with Obama. He's too far right and too static for moderates and liberals. I realize many people who voted for Obama are not satisfied with him and would like to not vote for him again, but it would be a stretch to think that those that voted for an extreme leftist would switch their vote to an extreme rightist simply because they are not satisfied with O's performance. Likewise if there are those that voted for O because they did not like McCain, I doubt they would vote for Paul on this go around considering McCain is about as moderate as they come and any serious conservative wouldn't have voted for O if they didn't like McCain, they would have gone third party. So in the end, what it will really come down to are those conservatives that voted third party and would it be enough if they all voted for Paul, which in my opinion, no, considering the moderates who voted McCain would likely choose O over Paul given his staunch far right views. But, like I said, these are just my opinions.

I think Ron Paul has a much broader appeal than you think, much more so. In most polls I have see Ron Paul polls real close to Obama, real close. And I think maybe 30% of those people know little or nothing about Ron Paul. If Ron Paul were to win the primary then I would imagine that the media would have to talk about him some, or perhaps they would just keep pretending he doesn't exist.

But he can run ads and he can draw a lot of money. I personally see it as the like the times Reagan got elected. Reagan had a message that most people wanted, but if I remember correctly he wasn't considered a crossover candidate at all, almost sure to lose. He swept the carpet on election night.

I think Ron Paul has a similar message that so many people active enough to vote are ready for. In fact I think he's the only one that can beat Obama.

Newt divorced his wife after she found out she had cancer. That's tells me all I need to know about his character.

I will vote for Obama before I vote for Romney and I mean it.

Voting for Ron Paul otherwise.

You shouldn't believe the story the media has given you on Newt.

I'm not attempting to change your opinion but the Mother Jones story that is the root of this lie was nothing more than a smear campaign on yet another conservative.

I think Ron Paul has a similar message that so many people active enough to vote are ready for. In fact I think he's the only one that can beat Obama.

I think anyone in the current field of republican candidates could beat BHO.

9f3fbd61.png

Hillary can't save him at this point.

Guest ThePunisher

Ditto.

Paul's foreign policy is very frightening to the majority of repubilcans, plus his age and senility is playing against him to get the nomination.

Guest ThePunisher
Remove the word "Paul's" from this sentence and most people would think you were talking about Reagan.

Yeh, but Reagan was the great communicator, and I did not ever remember seeing evidence of senility while he was President. It is a little more evident with Paul.

Newt divorced his wife after she found out she had cancer. That's tells me all I need to know about his character.

Newt and his very successful daughter Jackie both deny that. Both say his wife wanted the divorce, and before the cancer was diagnosed.

I will vote for Obama before I vote for Romney and I mean it....

Just quoting for posterity so you can reflect back on that statement, comrade. :mad:

- OS

Remove the word "Paul's" from this sentence and most people would think you were talking about Reagan.

Reagan's policy was peace through strength, Pauls policy is peace though friendship.

Edited by kieefer
I believe that would be "Ball of Confusion" by the Temptations

Glenn

Thank you, Glenn. Have you had it stuck in your head all these years, too? At least I got Motown right.:)