KEL TEC KSG SHOTGUN

crossfire

I sent Kel Tec a email about the KSG shotgun and if or when they will be released.

Here is a copy of their reply. If you think the Ruger SR1911 is hard to find, have fun trying to get one of these.;)

We got the first of the KSGs out last week, but mostly it’ll be after the first of the year before we’re really able to get them out there. There’s already a backorder on them, so I’m sure the first ones going out are probably already claimed, but be patient and we’ll have more out the middle of Jan.

Unfortunately, we only sell only to the wholesalers, then they to the dealers, so I don’t have any dealer listings. I can only suggest online or the phonebook and calling them to find out if they carry or can order what you’re looking for.

**We will be closing for the holidays from 12/24-1/8, therefore any emails received in that time frame will not be answered and any repairs received at that time will be held at the shipping depot until we return, so you might want to hold off shipping it until the 9th unless you can get it here before the 23rd. Repairs will be about 6 weeks after we’re back. I apologize for the inconvenience.**

Thanks,

Ericka

Kel-Tec CNC

Attn: Service

P.O. Box 236009

Cocoa FL, 32923

321-631-0068

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like there is some hope then. I'll be lOoking to shoot one before I purchase. Also gonna wait till the bugs get worked out. I'm guessing the handfull that have been reviewed were test fired and checked carefully at the factory. Keltec doesn't have an amazing reputation for quality on a full production scale. I hope I'm wrong or Ruger starts making a similar rig.

Guest vthokies03

figures keltec would say they shipped last week. If you ask them about the PMR, they are shipping them ALL the time. I wonder where all the guns go???

I'll jump on them when the bugs and cost goes down and availablity goes up... Or if they design an autoloader....

I'm with you. I can't justify spending that kind of scratch on a pump gun and if Kel Tec's history holds true for this release, there will likely be a recall of some sort. As much as I like Kel Tec firearms, I can't recall any of their releases that wasn't plagued with problems until the bugs had been worked out through some redesigned parts.

I got this today from Kel Tec

"Today was Kel-Tec's last day of 2011, we will reopen January 9th, 2012.

There should be about 250 new KSG owners by the time we re-open. The first batch of KSG's shipped to distributors right before we shutdown for the year....Merry Christmas"

Really? After all this time they produced 250 for the first run? I think my hopes for next March are overly optimistic. Maybe March 2014.

figures keltec would say they shipped last week. If you ask them about the PMR, they are shipping them ALL the time. I wonder where all the guns go???

Must go to chattanooga. I have seen quite a few of the PMRs this last year at a few different places including a gun show, a big store, and a small store.

And this is what we have to look forward to until they get a more out there.

Kel Tec KSG 12ga Pump Shotgun brand new NR : Pump Action Shotguns at GunBroker.com

I am on a waiting list at one of my LGS and they said they wont be inflating the price "IF" they get one. I'm not holding my breath on them getting one though.

That listing on GB is from Cocoa in Fl. Anyone want to guess where KT is located?

I want one, but not that bad. I can wait until the rush is over.

Edited by crossfire
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest twpayne75
Holy ****, that KSG went for $2400. Some people are crazy.

Yeah. But just think what that first production run KSG will be worth in a few years......................my guess is about $500. :)