GunFreeDiningTN Really??

So I went to Soccer Taco on Bearden Hill yesterday to pick up some food and head back to work and as I'm walking in I see this sticker on their door for Gun Free Dining Tennessee. I wanted to take a picture of it but there were too many people waiting for tables. However, the restaurant wasn't posted at all. So what's the point of the sticker except to draw more customers.

Also, I mean is it really that big of a deal to the masses that they eat in a restaurant that doesn't allow legal carrying. I'm glad they aren't posted because if they were, I'd have to stop eating there and I LOVE their food.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only reasonable explanation as to why a shop owner would post that they dont allow law abiding citizens to carry inside is to let the neighborhood criminals where to go when they need to rob someone for quick cash. I just dont understand peoples logic. it angers me deeply.

Did the gun free sign have a gunbuster as part of the sign?

Not at all. It's just the fork with the wings logo like at the top left corner of their website. There's no gunbuster sign on the door or any language for a legal posting. Just that sticker.

According to that website you have to post to be part of it.

I searched soccer taco on that website and they are listed as not yet contacted.

So then they put it up there just to reassure the masses. Wonderful...the stupid can continue to be stupid and the legal carrying can still happen all because people are stupid.

I remember the debate I had with good Christian church going women at my church over guns in bars. They didn't want to take their family out to eat where someone might be carrying a gun........ and I said but you will take your family and small children somewhere with an Open Bar and a bunch of drunks whooping it up?

It sounds a lot like these people.

I remember the debate I had with good Christian church going women at my church over guns in bars. They didn't want to take their family out to eat where someone might be carrying a gun........ and I said but you will take your family and small children somewhere with an Open Bar and a bunch of drunks whooping it up?

I hope she never goes to fast food restaurants, the movie theater, the grocery store, etc. After all, someone might be "a packin' in those places.

Those people haven't figured out that if a law doesn't stop murders, then a law plus a sign won't stop illegal gun carrying.....

I wonder how many diners actually give a crap about gun free sign dining. Not many is my guess.

Very few anti-gun activists do, i've eaten at a few non-posted restaurants lately,(Christmas gift cards), and all of them had pretty large crowds so I assume the lack of a gun buster sign doesn't hurt their business. It's funny to think that these Gun Free Dining dolts actually believe they make a difference for their cause when in reality they're just wasting good internet space.

Guest ArmaDeFuego
I remember the debate I had with good Christian church going women at my church over guns in bars. They didn't want to take their family out to eat where someone might be carrying a gun........

I cant stand people like that. They are just ignorant about guns. They have some crazy illusion that they can be in control of everything but they CANT. You will never be able to control a crazy person. Even in places where guns are very hard to get crazy people just grab a knife & go to town. Look at all the cases in China where crazy guys get a knife & stab a bunch of little kids. The ONLY thing you should want to do is make sure YOU have a gun also to protect yourself.

Why cant people understand this?

Guest bkelm18

Why cant people understand this?

Society has taught them that the world operates on wishful thinking and everything will be handed to them on a silver platter.

I posted the following as a comment. Others please do the same. . .

So, Let me get this straight. You don't want the patronage of thousands of law abiding, legally licensed gun owners who've went through certified training, and, had appropriate background checks in your establishments. The gun busters signs don't deter criminals. It's only there to keep law abiding citizens from entering your places of business. Statistically we are the safest patrons, and are in the middle to upper class that have the money to frequent restaurants. That's fine, we'll frequent elsewhere.

Those people haven't figured out that if a law doesn't stop murders, then a law plus a sign won't stop illegal gun carrying.....

Nicely put, but the death penalty won't stop murder so a sign is suppose to stop an illegal gun.

JTM🔫

Sent from my iPhone

Guest ArmaDeFuego
Society has taught them that the world operates on wishful thinking and everything will be handed to them on a silver platter.

Yep. Idealism will get you killed every time. Many things would be really great if we lived in a perfect world where the sun shines every day & everyone only thought of others & never of themselves. Too bad we dont live in that world. :)

Guest bkelm18
I posted the following as a comment. Others please do the same. . .

So, Let me get this straight. You don't want the patronage of thousands of law abiding, legally licensed gun owners who've went through certified training, and, had appropriate background checks in your establishments. The gun busters signs don't deter criminals. It's only there to keep law abiding citizens from entering your places of business. Statistically we are the safest patrons, and are in the middle to upper class that have the money to frequent restaurants. That's fine, we'll frequent elsewhere.

I posted the following to their Facebook (which seems pretty dead aside from the numerous people saying they will avoid those places):

[h=6]Could someone please explain how these places with your cute little signs prevent criminals from entering and committing a crime? Any rational person would see that these signs simply wont deter a criminal, I mean they're a criminal afterall, they ignore these things by definition. So really, the only thing you are promoting is that these places are off limits only to people who legally carry firearms. People that have had several hours of training on the use of deadly force and the laws concerning such in TN, passed a written competency exam, passed a shooting competency exam, have had their fingerprints placed on file with the authorities, and passed local, state, and federal background checks prior to obtaining their license. Are you really saying you fear these people more than you fear criminals? You fear the person who has invested the time and money to be able to PROTECT THEMSELVES more than you fear someone who will murder you for the pills in your pocket? Great. I'll be avoiding these havens of lunacy.[/h]