GunFreeDiningTN Really??

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Idealism will get you killed every time. Many things would be really great if we lived in a perfect world where the sun shines every day & everyone only thought of others & never of themselves. Too bad we dont live in that world. :popcorn:

And that is the primary difference separating the sheep from the sheepdogs.

Guest President Fernatt
Their website is flat out wrong on Ruby Tuesday's Oak Ridge. It is *not* posted.

Same thing here. They have the Ruby's in Pigeon Forge and Sevierville as "no guns allowed" but they certainly aren't posted lol

Guest chrisdridley

If this outfit's website has so many inaccuracies, shouldn't the restaurant owners/managers be contacting the website? I know I would be screaming to high heaven if my bottom line was being affected by some incorrect information on the web.

How about this idea if you're my age? The liberal college draft card burners tripping on LSD in the 60's - 70's are now business owners, university professors and public school teachers. Driving liberal social agendas into the minds of our children. Just my observation as a parent of three grown public school / college graduates.

By the way, Happy New Year everyone.

If this outfit's website has so many inaccuracies, shouldn't the restaurant owners/managers be contacting the website? I know I would be screaming to high heaven if my bottom line was being affected by some incorrect information on the web.

Waste of owners time. The web site is essentially irrelevant to the resturant business (and evident by dearth of FB traffic).

Edited by R_Bert
Guest kirkosaurus
Their website is flat out wrong on Ruby Tuesday's Oak Ridge. It is *not* posted.

Same with Ruby Tuesday's in Smyrna.

But as we know anti-gun people do not have a track record of being honest.

Guest gr8hntr
I posted the following as a comment. Others please do the same. . .

So, Let me get this straight. You don't want the patronage of thousands of law abiding, legally licensed gun owners who've went through certified training, and, had appropriate background checks in your establishments. The gun busters signs don't deter criminals. It's only there to keep law abiding citizens from entering your places of business. Statistically we are the safest patrons, and are in the middle to upper class that have the money to frequent restaurants. That's fine, we'll frequent elsewhere.

i agree 100 %

I was going to post the same thing. I enjoyed a nice lunch there this weekend with my pistol safely secured to my side. I looked before entering, even though I've been there a hundred times, and there is no sign. I think that Ruby's actually took the stance of saying "we will NOT post" back when the laws were changing regarding carry in a place that serves alcohol.

This was my comment. I hope they respond. If they do I'll post it...

Why would I want to eat at a restaraunt that has been made less safe? The people who abide by laws and signs aren't the ones I'm worried about. If criminals really listened to signs, we should post signs saying NO muderers, No pedaphiles, and NO rapists. Yeah, signs make everything safer... Me and mine we opt NOT to eat at the places listed. I choose to keep my family safe. I also know that by doing this you have put these diners on a "to do" list. Criminals know they will find less opposition at these places and take advantage of it's defenseless patrons. I feel safer because of you, knowing that the people that might do harm to me and my family will not be eating where I do. They'll choose the risk free route, find a nice place to eat on your website, then make the news.....

Hopefully this won't catch on,

Coty

I suspect this organization has gotten more traffic from this site on it's website and it's FB page than it has from it's own initiatives.

It has a whopping 29 followers on Twitter and 500 likes on it's FB page from the entire FB universe. The last supportive post it had was in July.

It looks like someone threw up a webpage, hunts around for something anti-gun related to post about once a month , and added a Paypal link hoping useful idiots will send money.

Something like this would normally be called a scam. Reality is it is at best ineffective and at worst just laughable.

• 2 weeks later...