Any XD Owners?

If anyone owns an XD, could you please take a look and see if you have the same rubbing marks as I do on mine. This can be stock or modified XD's. Please let me know which you have.

I installed a trigger kit, but I'm honestly not sure if the rub mark were there before I did so.

Thanks.

dsc04282zq2.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hornet Handler

You can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting and XD owner. lol

I'll check mine when I get home and let you know

Guest db99wj

I will have to check when I leave the office, I don't think my coworkers would understand if I start untucking shirt, drawing my handgun, drop the maga....errr I mean "clip", clear the round out of the chamber, then disassemble, especially after the day we have had here in the office.:D

I have over 2k rounds, no mods.

Guest tnvol
Mine has the marks on the striker(the bottom two arrows) but not on the stopper(the top arrow)

Same here. Mine has the same marks on the striker. It's stock with about 250 rounds through it. Just got it last friday.

Guest mjwehrman

I have the same marks on the striker. XD 45 Service. Stock. 1500 rounds of various types through it. Never noticed those marks before. Don't know if its normal wear and tear or something else.

My XD-357 with stock trigger has very minor marks in those areas, much less defined than the ones in your picture. It has ~6500rd through it.

My XD-9 with Springer Precision Trigger Bar and Sear Kit installed does have marks very similar to yours. It has ~500rd through it.

I'm guessing that the shorter travel of the aftermarket sear might allow more contact to those parts when wearing in, but what I can see is nothing to be worried about.

I purchased my trigger kit from XDguys. It's a Bob's Custom Shop product, and several XD owners have had light primer strike since installing the kit. I made a trip to Guns&Leather this afternoon, shot 100 rounds through it, and not a problem at all. I don't know if those marks have been there all along, but some "experts" over there insist this is a big deal. The same "experts" say that there should be no markings on those parts.

It would be very nice if a real gunsmith could tell me if this is anything to worry about.

Those areas both have contact with moving parts when you pull the trigger and the slide recoils, so it would be illogical for anyone to tell you that there shouldn't be some wear there.

I'm not questioning you, but if that's the case, how do we explain the guys/gals who've fired many rounds, but don't have the same type of marking?

Guest db99wj
Mine has the marks on the striker(the bottom two arrows) but not on the stopper(the top arrow)

I checked mine, over 2000K rounds, but the same as bteague's, slightly shiny on the striker edge, none on the stopper.

Oh, and thanks for reminding me how dirty mine is, wear it everyday, they get dirty, all sorts of crap in that thing.:popcorn:

Edited by db99wj