Another political quiz. I thought this was better than the political compass.

I resurrected the political compass thread the other day. I didn't care for the quiz all that much. Here is one I ran across that I thought was better and more reflected of your views.

Political Spectrum Quiz - Your Political Label

Here is how I did.

37x26.gif

My foreign policy views

n23.gif

My cultural views

c63.gif

I think it was pretty accurate.

Enjoy.

Edited by mav
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]You are a far-right social libertarian.

Right: 8.49, Libertarian: 3.68

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 37x27.gif

About right:D[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So mav, I'm curious. How did we get so close on these things?

Well I guess the others were similar, weren't they?

Edited by 6.8 AR
Guest Lester Weevils

Center-right social libertarian-- Right: 1.76, Libertarian: 6.93

24x34.gif

n33.gifc33.gif

Am not certain what some of the questions can meter--For instance this one-- "Racial issues will never be resolved. It is human nature to prefer one's own race."

On a factual basis, am not certain whether this issue has been scientifically determined. Much remains unknown about human nature and will remain unknown for a long time. A really liberal but realistic social scientist MAY agree with this one if his study has led him in that direction, putting him in agreement with yer typical KKK skinhead and typical Black Panther and typical La Rasa member. On the other hand, either conservative or liberal people may disagree merely because they WISH that it were untrue.

I dunno one way or t'other, though so far evidence seems at least slightly tilted toward the affirmative. Maybe someone else would review our sad human history and paint a rosier picture on it. Maybe the best that this question can determine is the optimism or pessimism of the respondent? Optimism or pessimism has little to do with political orientation.

Some of the tests do not offer "neutral" answers, in the attempt to get better resolution as respondents are forced to choose "the least false completely wrong answer". Am surprised that this test manages to get much resolution at all, because I answered many questions "neutral" and it managed to make a score regardless.

Edited by Lester Weevils
On a factual basis, am not certain whether this issue has been scientifically determined. Much remains unknown about human nature and will remain unknown for a long time. A really liberal but realistic social scientist MAY agree with this one if his study has led him in that direction, putting him in agreement with yer typical KKK skinhead and typical Black Panther and typical La Rasa member. On the other hand, either conservative or liberal people may disagree merely because they WISH that it were untrue.

I've been all around the world and experienced many different cultures. The American culture is by far the least racist in the world.... or at least we try our best to pretend we're not.

Guest bkelm18
I've been all around the world and experienced many different cultures. The American culture is by far the least racist in the world.... or at least we try our best to pretend we're not.

I would agree that we try our hardest not to be, to the point of being ridiculous at times, however my answer to that particular question I believe it is simply human nature to judge people who are different than you and that we will never be in a "post-racial" world.

I would agree that we try our hardest not to be, to the point of being ridiculous at times, however my answer to that particular question I believe it is simply human nature to judge people who are different than you and that we will never be in a "post-racial" world.

Well, I agree and disagree. As long as things stay the same yes, but if the poop never hits the fan, you really see any one single race remaining pure? They'll be trivial oddities. This country, if it survives long enough will see a new race emerge. It'll be a weird tanned creme color and no one will be able to discern one single point of origin. You already see it here and there. Hardcore racism only survives in pocketed areas. Kids today don't care. To a teenage boy today, he don't care what color she is. If she's hot and good to go, so is he. Kids certainly don't judge as much as we did, or our fathers.

Human nature and political correctness are two different things. All species tend to have

some kind of bias built in, if not just for survival. Political Correctness just shows how

stupid humans can be with dangerous ideologies run amok.

Guest Lester Weevils
Well, I agree and disagree. As long as things stay the same yes, but if the poop never hits the fan, you really see any one single race remaining pure? They'll be trivial oddities. This country, if it survives long enough will see a new race emerge. It'll be a weird tanned creme color and no one will be able to discern one single point of origin. You already see it here and there. Hardcore racism only survives in pocketed areas. Kids today don't care. To a teenage boy today, he don't care what color she is. If she's hot and good to go, so is he. Kids certainly don't judge as much as we did, or our fathers.

Hi Caster

I agree it is not a settled question one way or the other. I hope that race will eventually become a non-issue. When I write the first version of a program I always HOPE that it will be bug-free, but realistically realize that it is more likely crawling with bugs.

People seem capable of discriminating on the tiniest variations. In uni-racial, uni-cultural places, they manage to discriminate on crazy trivial minor differences.

Have witnessed the greater blending of which you speak, among youngsters shopping walmart. A few generations ago some of the couples would have been in real physical danger just for being seen out in public.

Not making judgements about class except that in SOME historical situations the wealthier-more-educated tended to be at least slightly less racist than the poorer-less-educated... Some of the walmart couples look like trailer-park-meets-projects. It is their own biz and whatever makes them happy, though it might be fun to be a fly on the wall when both extended families get together over the holidays. ;)

BTW, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but some mixed-race folks seem unusually good-looking. Maybe it is just because one is more likely to notice the better-looking individuals. Or it may be a real phenomenon.

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest bkelm18

There will always be the haves and the have nots. There will always be race. The races that may exist in your scenario may be different than the ones we have now but it would be impossible for every person to be of one mixed race and therefor there will always be a bias against those that are different than you.

There will always be the haves and the have nots. There will always be race. The races that may exist in your scenario may be different than the ones we have now but it would be impossible for every person to be of one mixed race and therefor there will always be a bias against those that are different than you.

Maybe.

It's certainly not the issue it used to be. It's only an issue now because of morons either refusing to let it go or beating a dead horse.

Funny anecdote, I know a couple of black guys who will tell anyone, They are sick to death of hearing about slavery, THE MAN and all the other BS nonsense. They will tell you they ain't a slave, no one alive can remember a real slave and the only black slaves alive today in the US are slaves to their own ignorance and bad habits. It brings a smile to my face to hear that.

I don't believe there's a REAL race issue in this country anymore. Just deluded people who can't grow up and move on. Everyone has preferences, that doesn't make you a bigot.