Glock owners...?

Guest killemducks

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cdsusong

I have hogue grip, tungsten guide rod and spring, grip plug and extended slide release and mepro light night sights on my G19. love it.

Thanks for all the input folks. I think I will update my sights and see about the mag. release and slide lock mods too.

on a different subject. Are there any legal ramifications after shooting someone with a gun that has had the trigger altered to make it lighter?? I mean if you mean to shoot someone, you mean to shoot someone (in self defense of course). But I just wonder if altering the factory trigger could come back to haunt you. ?

I think I will leave my trigger alone. The two stage trigger doesn't bother me.

Bill

Any trigger mods could absolutely be used against you. Remember that the jury won't necessarily be 12 gun owning intelligent Americans. The only things I have done to my Glocks are night sights and slightly reshaping the underside of the triggergaurd where it meets the frame to relieve Glock knuckle as welll as allowing for an even deeper grip purchase.

Guest 70below

Glock 22, only mod.....hogue grip.....what can I say, I'm a purist..... I've got about 8K rds down the pipe of my glock, thats the only "trigger mod" you need.....its a smooth as a babies butt and just the right amount of pull.

when it comes to sighting that laser.....don't worry about 25yds...a laser is meant for quick acquisition of the target, particularly in low light situations. Most shooting occur at 15yds or less, and if the assailant is 25yds away you should be using your sights anyhow. You're going to have a hard time maintaining a true zero with a laser at 7, 15, and 25 yds.....a bullet drops, a laser doesnt. In my opinion, a laser should never be relied on, sights and good techniques for natural aim should be built and used, and a laser be secondary. I've heard of individuals that became reliant on seeing the laser pop up on target and when there was a problem with the laser, batteries dead, or improperly engaged.......the shooter pauses because that dot doesn't pop up there. In a life or death situation, seconds count and you don't want to pause because you have "equipment" problems. I really consider a laser more of a "retention technique" more than a shooting tool. It would be a pretty effective tool in convincing an intruder not to move when he sees he has a laser beam on his chest.

I have a 21sf. I went with 3.5lb connector, aluminum trigger, steel guide rod, titaininum stricker, extended slide lock lever, extended take down bar,and a Lone Wolf ported barrel just for kicks. Gun is fun and shoots verrrrrry well.

Guest Steelharp

3.5 trigger, night sights, for sure... extended slide release is a good thing... extended mag releases get in the way on them...

I have a 21sf. I went with 3.5lb connector, aluminum trigger, steel guide rod, titaininum stricker, extended slide lock lever, extended take down bar,and a Lone Wolf ported barrel just for kicks. Gun is fun and shoots verrrrrry well.

hey, just an FYI we wer out at Gunsite a few years ago and my G23 stopped because it had a titanium striker in it. You see, with allot of hard primered ammunition it simply wont pop a cap. So run lots of different types thru it before you depend you life on it. :D

Guest mikedwood

when it comes to sighting that laser.....don't worry about 25yds...a laser is meant for quick acquisition of the target, particularly in low light situations. Most shooting occur at 15yds or less, and if the assailant is 25yds away you should be using your sights anyhow. You're going to have a hard time maintaining a true zero with a laser at 7, 15, and 25 yds.....a bullet drops, a laser doesnt. In my opinion, a laser should never be relied on, sights and good techniques for natural aim should be built and used, and a laser be secondary. I've heard of individuals that became reliant on seeing the laser pop up on target and when there was a problem with the laser, batteries dead, or improperly engaged.......the shooter pauses because that dot doesn't pop up there. In a life or death situation, seconds count and you don't want to pause because you have "equipment" problems. I really consider a laser more of a "retention technique" more than a shooting tool. It would be a pretty effective tool in convincing an intruder not to move when he sees he has a laser beam on his chest.

More than anything the laser is new and I just want to experiment. I'm sure if something ever did happen the battery would be dead or some part of clothes or something would be covering it. I'm certainly not giving up on iron sites. I have read that sighting it parallel makes the shot about 3/4" off on windage pretty constistant and then all you have to really worry about is elevation. I want to try that idea.

Actually most of my practice has been at 7 and 15 yards but a friend went to the range with me and he likes to shoot at 25 yards. He showed me a few things and I'm about as good at 25 now as 15, that's not saying great, but I didn't get laughed at. That was with the S&W 9mm (thanks for that. love it ) I haven't tried the Glock since then. But I'm thinking if I hit well at 25, 7 should be cake.

I hope I get a chance to go to the range this coming week. I got my bow back this past week so that's what I have been doing this when I get time.