AK Price Question

gjohnsoniv

I almost bit on a WASR at J Floyds in Sevierville today for $499 but decided to wait and spend a little more and get an Arsenal. CTD is cheaper than Buds even with shipping, thanks for that lead. I just wish there was one locally in Nashville I could actually look at first though.

I just converted a saiga myself, put all the nice stuff in there, g2 trigger group, jte performance hammer spring, nice trigger guard, hogue grips, quad rail, caa buttstock with adjustable cheekpiece then duracoated everything. All together probably got about 700 in the rifle, but had a really good time putting it together exactly how i wanted it. Its all together now and i'm letting the duracoat cure, i'll be shooting it next weekend. I also just picked up a bipod

Danny

Guest The Dude

building from unbent flats should be legal. and you wont have to serialize them unless you transfer them to someone. still has to be 922r compliant. And if you go NFA, you need to apply for the tax stamp on a form 1.

Other than that, no further Federal restrictions as long as it's legal to own. It's not required to put anything on the receiver. You can even sell them down the road, but you can't be making them with the intent to sell and it must have manufacturer, location, and a unique serial to transfer to another individual.

its easiest to do with a jig.

Go ahead try it. Every AK nut should try it at least once. Some find it easy. I guess I'm too hard to please because all my attempts found themselves in the garbage. I built all mine on Nodakspud receivers. Fully heat treated not just the axis pin holes like on a typical home bent one. I tried three different times and all three would have worked just fine, but they sorely lacked a look of professionalism.

I'm too much of a perfectionist to build my own. I would literally throw money in the garbage disposal trying LMAO

I have very much the same problem. Small imperfections that would NEVER affect anything would drive me bonkers.

My shift to AR's made building much easier and satisfying.

• 2 weeks later...

As many others have said: buy a Saiga convert it the way YOU want. I bought everything I wanted on line and I got the rifle from Guns and Leather all for around $500. There are some excellent youtube videos with step by step instructions.

If you want I'll give you a link to what I thought were the best instructions, where I bought the conversion parts and the coupon code to save 5% (or was it 10%? I can't recall) which covers the shipping.

• 11 months later...
I have a CAI built SAR in 5.45. It shoots straight and has never malfunctioned through the thousands of rounds I've tossed downrange. Like all other AKs, I would not estimate it's value above $400. The only reason I value any AK higher would be for collectible purposes. Otherwise, it's a friggin AK. I will not malfunction if you lubricate it with sand. I don't care where it's made or with what metal it is made with. If it can survive thousands of rounds without malfunction, falling apart or the rounds coming out sideways it has achieved the pinnacle of what an AK can be expected to achieve in quality.

I have a CAI built SAR in 5.45. It shoots straight and has never malfunctioned through the thousands of rounds I've tossed downrange. Like all other AKs, I would not estimate it's value above $400. The only reason I value any AK higher would be for collectible purposes. Otherwise, it's a friggin AK. I will not malfunction if you lubricate it with sand. I don't care where it's made or with what metal it is made with. If it can survive thousands of rounds without malfunction, falling apart or the rounds coming out sideways it has achieved the pinnacle of what an AK can be expected to achieve in quality.

Wow, completely forgot about this thread, but thanks for the input. I do agree with your statement though.

[quote name="gjohnsoniv" post="894758" timestamp="1359048610"]Wow, completely forgot about this thread, but thanks for the input. I do agree with your statement though.[/quote] Oh crap! I didn't see that it was a revival!