my new Revolver

SonnyCrockett

RUSSIAN NAGANT

I love surplus guns........never used pieces of history

now this is one UGLY revolver.....comes with a really nice leather case and bore cleaning brush

and shoots the most odd looking ammo I ever saw the 7.625x25,I dont plan to shoot it,Im gonna just

lob it in my safe...paid 109.99 from AIM and it was built in the WW2 era.....I having Russian grandparents

and Russia in my blood felt I should have one next to my Mosin........

IMAG0708.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can recall it’s the only known revolver capable of being threaded for a suppressor to produce significant noise reduction. The barrel cylinder gap in other wheel guns releases a significant level of blast and noise, just look at some stop action pictures.

RUSSIAN NAGANT

I love surplus guns........never used pieces of history

now this is one UGLY revolver.....comes with a really nice leather case and bore cleaning brush

and shoots the most odd looking ammo I ever saw the 7.625x25,I dont plan to shoot it,Im gonna just

lob it in my safe...paid 109.99 from AIM and it was built in the WW2 era.....I having Russian grandparents

and Russia in my blood felt I should have one next to my Mosin........

Shoot it, they're fun and have no recoil to speak of. Even with the cylinder gap closed it still has the ballistics of .32 Long so it's not a man stopper. My nefew has one and we have shot it quite a bit, it is actually pretty accurate and I think you can get a replacement cylinder to shoot .32 long. Like I said, they are alot of fun to shoot and I don't think the ammo was too ridiculous in price.

Just cough up the dough for two boxes of the PROPER ammo. Shoot a box and keep a box. Safe queens are heresy!!!!!

If you had a cylinder chambered for .32ACP, then .32ACP would be the PROPER ammo. Bullet diameter being the same it would make no difference. Maybe a little less expensive to shoot and more ammo choices. Just saying.

The 7.62x25 cartridge is a bottle- neck shaped case and is not a revolver ammo... Check the inscription on the barrel to determine the actual caliber of your revolver (the importer of the firearm is required to provide this info) somewhere on the barrel or frame..7.62x25 ammo was commonly used in sub-machine guns by the com-bloc countries and is not recommended for pistols ! Take care and be very aware of the ammo employed in surplus arms. Best Wishes,bucnball

The 7.62x25 cartridge is a bottle- neck shaped case and is not a revolver ammo... Check the inscription on the barrel to determine the actual caliber of your revolver (the importer of the firearm is required to provide this info) somewhere on the barrel or frame..7.62x25 ammo was commonly used in sub-machine guns by the com-bloc countries and is not recommended for pistols ! Take care and be very aware of the ammo employed in surplus arms. Best Wishes,bucnball

Yeah, the 7.62x25mm is commonly called the 7.62 Tokorev. The 7.62x38mmR is a completely different animal.

The Nagant revolver fires the 7.62x38mmR.