KIDD Innovative Designs Bolt

Il Duce

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is probably scale from the hardening process. I wouldn't worry about it. KIDD makes some of the best 10/22 products on the market. I seriously doubt he would let something rusty out the door.

Is the rear of the bolt radiused? I see the firing pin is pinned down, this single thing will reduce your flyers by a lot. Couple that with a correctly headspaced bolt and the gun should shoot better than it ever has before. I know my flyers were reduced by 1/2 with a pinned firing pin and headspacing.

Dolomite

Per their page.

**CNC Machined from 4140 tool steel **.0425" headspace **.035 firing pin protrusion **Hardened to 48c Rockwell for durability **"pinned" firing pin for consistent ignition **Radiused and polished for improved cycling **Includes our firing pin and extractor**

I have a full custom Kidd Supergrade and I would recommend sending them an email with the picture and ask them. I am confident if they even think there could be something wrong with it, they will replace it. They are a first class shop.

FWIW, when I ordered my Kidd barrel, it had a 1/8" scuff on the crown that looked like it had been drug across a parking lot. They sent me a new one free of charge before they even received the damaged one, and they just included a prepaid shipping label in the box. As a result, I went ahead and built the whole gun with Kidd parts (my firing pin did NOT look like that, btw...lol). Sometimes, stuff just happens.

I've got an all Kidd gun built on an 80% receiver that I did a year or so ago. My experience with Tony has been great.

His triggers are worth every penny.

+1 on the trigger. Holy crap...

Oh, and the new receivers are a thing of beauty, too!

Except the receiver right?

You can get a Kidd Receiver as well. They actually have two different one's which are much better than a factory receiver IMO. I wasn't sure if you were asking in regards to wanting to know if there was an alternative or if the stock receiver's were the only option. There are actually a few companies that make replacement receivers.

I'm well aware of what is out there and want a Kidd classic pretty badly. But I was asking because Il Duce and I have discussed this a few times and I thought he was staying with the Ruger receiver but he said ALL Kidd rifle. Confused me.

Gotcha. I have a full Kidd setup with the SuperGrade receiver and love it, but it was a little pricey. I decided it was going to be my indulgent gun. I typically try to make sure I can always get my money back in any gun I buy, but I don't think that will be the case with that one.