dillon 1050 set up

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canebreaker

Go to the dillon website and download/print the instructions for that model. That's some help you can find. There maybe online chat too.

If no help here, go to castboolits.gunload.com

Guest Lester Weevils

Yes Dillon has excellent online documentation, and also youtube has some videos. Possibly some direct from Dillon, and in addition user made videos.

My mechanical IQ is in the negative numbers. After messing with mechanical stuff more in the last decade am getting slightly more competent. But when ordered my dillon SDB a decade or more ago-- After unpacking all the assorted parts and trying to put it together, it serously hurt my brain at that time. Eventually got it put together and it is very simple to understand after the fact. Somebody with normal mechanical aptitude would probably just skim the instructions and whip one together lickety-split.

I bought the Dillon DVD when I got my 550. Having never reloaded I had a lot of questions on the setting up of dies etc... I read all the standard books but I'm a visual learner.

I stuck the dvd in a laptop and watched each step, paused the dvd to do it my self and then watched it again to make sure it was correct. Most are probably a lot smarter than me but this worked well for me.

Mark

• 1 month later...

I bought the Dillon DVD when I got my 550. Having never reloaded I had a lot of questions on the setting up of dies etc... I read all the standard books but I'm a visual learner.

I stuck the dvd in a laptop and watched each step, paused the dvd to do it my self and then watched it again to make sure it was correct. Most are probably a lot smarter than me but this worked well for me.

Mark

That's pretty much how I did it as well.

OK, got the DVD and started from scratch.........makin' ammo now.... Thanks

Good deal. Congrats on the awesome new press.