What other hobbies do you have?

Guest eyebedam

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really hate to sound like a dumb a** but what is geocaching ?

I think it is something that is supposed to be a mystery to anyone over 40. I had no idea. I was thinking of asking but I have a philosophy that if I've never heard of it, it isnt worthwhile.

Guest tnmale46
I think it is something that is supposed to be a mystery to anyone over 40. I had no idea. I was thinking of asking but I have a philosophy that if I've never heard of it, it isnt worthwhile.
:mad: yeah ive been wanting to ask for a couple days but didnt wanna make a fool of myself:tinfoil:

Firearms, and firearms training.

About 20 hours weekly in the gym, and about a month annually in firearms Instructor classes so I can train better.

Reloading, so I can shoot firearms more.

Coaching Trap and Skeet, so I can keep my firearms training skills fresh.

Shooting Intl' Bunker so I can make the young lions mad.

Training in Tactical Firearms techniques so I can make young Warriors mad.

There is a fine line between a passion and an obsession. :mad:

Parkerizing, and more recently maintaining the lawn and Airsoft. So far airsofting consisted of my wife, son and I shooting at each other in the backyard and me shooting IDPA targets in the garage I keep missing the Jackson field skirmishes due to work schedule.

Guest mikedwood

I like the guns and shooting guns for sure, mainly interested in 9mm and Ak types (ammo cost reasons, more than any other reason.)

Also I'm getting into bows a bit but they aren't as fun to horde and take up space like crazy. I got one I really like recently, so well that's about all I have to say about bows until I need a new one.

I also have several aquariums 2 30 gallon fresh and 2 12 gallon salt. The salts look terrible but I haven't lost anything in 2 years so...

Computers love them, work on them by day, play on them by night.

Just curious on what other hobbies some of you may have? Im really into Saltwater/Reef aquariums. I have a 180 display that plumbed down the wall into my basement where it goes into a 130 gallon sump so Im running around 310 gallons of total water volume. Lets just say its a expensive time consuming hobby.Ive been into aquariums for about 15 years but didnt get a really large tank till about a year ago. The largest Id had till the was a 75 galon. I also like mowing grass I got a little on the side lawn care buisness I mow around 10 yards in the Mt. Juliet area & would like to pick up about 10 more so if you hate mowing & live this way shoot me a pm..

I've got a 150 salt water with a 29 sump. Just killed my last batch of hair alage. How much live rock do you have?

Motorcycle, Hunting, Working on watches and old surplus firearms. Plus lots of Books.

Until I became a first time Dad at 47!!!!!!!!!!

What was I thinking.

Dang don't scare me like that, I turned 47 in March

I like the guns and shooting guns for sure, mainly interested in 9mm and Ak types (ammo cost reasons, more than any other reason.)

Also I'm getting into bows a bit but they aren't as fun to horde and take up space like crazy. I got one I really like recently, so well that's about all I have to say about bows until I need a new one.

I also have several aquariums 2 30 gallon fresh and 2 12 gallon salt. The salts look terrible but I haven't lost anything in 2 years so...

Computers love them, work on them by day, play on them by night.

12 gal is not enough for a true salt water, maybe a nano tank but the smaller the harder to take care of. PM me if you need help gettting help with the tanks.

My biggest hobby outside of guns is my wife and grandchildren. Life is just too short.

Guest eyebedam
I've got a 150 salt water with a 29 sump. Just killed my last batch of hair alage. How much live rock do you have?

Dang don't scare me like that, I turned 47 in March

12 gal is not enough for a true salt water, maybe a nano tank but the smaller the harder to take care of. PM me if you need help gettting help with the tanks.

My biggest hobby outside of guns is my wife and grandchildren. Life is just too short.

I've probably got around 260 lbs of live rock. I've got tonga branch tonga slab and Marshall Islands rock. I'm running 3-250 watt metal halides &

8-39 watt t-5s for lights. I've got a massive skimmer its a octo dnw 350 and running a blue line 100 hd return pump from my sump. For internal circulation I'm running 4 hydor korlia 4s but I'm gonna replace them with tunzes soon. I have a buckeye field supply ro unit so I can make my own water.

I'm about to sell my nano cube 24 gallon tank fully stocked with corals for 250. So I can focus mainly on the big display.

I've probably got around 260 lbs of live rock. I've got tonga branch tonga slab and Marshall Islands rock. I'm running 3-250 watt metal halides &

8-39 watt t-5s for lights. I've got a massive skimmer its a octo dnw 350 and running a blue line 100 hd return pump from my sump. For internal circulation I'm running 4 hydor korlia 4s but I'm gonna replace them with tunzes soon. I have a buckeye field supply ro unit so I can make my own water.

I'm about to sell my nano cube 24 gallon tank fully stocked with corals for 250. So I can focus mainly on the big display.

Wow that's some setup. How about sending me a picture of the nano, not interested in the tank, but might be interested in the corals to go in my 150. The only thing coral wise I have is some toadstool leathers (got 10 total).

In order:

1. Guns-Still cant afford that .50cal I have lusted after for 2 years.

2. Cars-Supras arent cheap to modify so its on the backburner atm

3. Does Professional Beer Pong count? actually im quite awful at it, but it seems to be the new popular activity :wave:

4. Computer Games....oh yeah im a professional nerd....any other Call of Duty 4 players that play online?

5. Watersports are probably going to pick up here soon since my dad bought some jet skis and almost all of my friends have boats.

In order:

1. Guns-Still cant afford that .50cal I have lusted after for 2 years.

2. Cars-Supras arent cheap to modify so its on the backburner atm

3. Does Professional Beer Pong count? actually im quite awful at it, but it seems to be the new popular activity :wave:

4. Computer Games....oh yeah im a professional nerd....any other Call of Duty 4 players that play online?

5. Watersports are probably going to pick up here soon since my dad bought some jet skis and almost all of my friends have boats.

Umm,give me a minute.I just bought COD big red one last week(my first one),and have allready gone through that,COD1,and just ordered 3.As long as thse are,I should be on 4 later this week:p

Guest Rccola

I plat COD4 on Xbox 360:koolaid:

Guest GT_Rat

I play occasionally but never seem to have the time so essentially I suck. My brother is on COD4 all the time. I'm installing Crysis as we speak. Couldn't justify full price for it and I'm kind of anti-EA after the Battlefield debacle.

Guest killemducks

1.Duck Hunting

2.xbox HALO, w/8 yr. old daughter

3.kids 3, 6, and 8

4.tngunowners at the moment

5.If $$ was no object. halo3 xbox360, kahr cw9, new beretta xtremaII

Duck hunting is my passion.....