permit holder for seven years can I carry if order of protection against me???

Guest kwikrnu

Guest kwikrnu

I am curious, and there is no intent to trip you up here, but why did you need this car computer? I was unaware there is this big aftermarket thing on them things.

I don't need one, but they can do several things. I am interesting in changing the rear gears of my wagon from an open differential to a limited slip and lower gearing. There are several different gear sets to choose from and factory limited slip units available at junk yards when you can find them.

To correct the speedometer the Hypertech changes the calculations in the pcm.

The hypertech can firm the shifts by raising the line pressure electronically.

The hypertech can change shift points, raise the rpm limiter and top speed limiter.

The hypertech can chnage the temperature the electric fans come on to cool the coolant.

There are probably more things, but that is all I can think of at the moment.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kwikrnu
nope, its YOUR right to carry!

what I AM trying to do is to alert you to the fact that you're doing something that is dangerous and can cost either you and your family or someone else their lives. If you'd stop your self righteous blather, and look at the facts you'd see that. You're welcome to be as foolish as you please when its YOU paying for your mistakes. as it is now, it appears that others will. If that can be avoided, I think it's the right thing to do to tell you.

I'd also like to see you back up the statement with facts that 99% of handgun carry permit holders do not seek additional training/practice after getting their permit.

Truth to tell, I probably practice the least out of all these folks on this forum due to work constraints..and I usually run through about 15,000 rounds a year. I seek and gain training every time I get to shoot with others on this forum. Many on here have quite a bit more training than I've ever had. all I had was combat time and military training, which doesn't fit with civilian life except for the basics of marksmanship. We all learn from each other and there's no reason for anyone on here to take issue with you unless you're doing something that's dangerous.

in that respect, I'm no different! these guys and girls would be on me like rabid pirhanas if I did something so foolish..and rightly so!

I'm a decent shot. There is no way to know for sure, but I would guess average. Hell, I would bet I could shoot better than the worst police officer in the State.

I know several handgun permit holders and none go to the range. Do you have any stats because I would love to know how many carry permit holders go to the range on a regular basis.

Assuming I ever need to draw my gun and use it what competence level do you expect from me? If you require a certain competence level for me why not require that same competence level from everyone else who chooses to carry a gun?

I'm a decent shot. There is no way to know for sure, but I would guess average. Hell, I would bet I could shoot better than the worst police officer in the State.

I know several handgun permit holders and none go to the range. Do you have any stats because I would love to know how many carry permit holders go to the range on a regular basis.

Assuming I ever need to draw my gun and use it what competence level do you expect from me? If you require a certain competence level for me why not require that same competence level from everyone else who chooses to carry a gun?

I do! believe me, all the folks that carry a firearm around me are competent. not only do they show me this on a regular basis, (yah, we have competitions sometimes) but they also show common sense and don't go looking for trouble by harassing folks. they allow the law to take its due course.

otherwise, I don't hang out with them and I certainly wouldn't allow them around my family!

every permit carrier here on this board practices. I can lay money on it that they've ALL gone to the range or practiced on their own private property at least ONCE. If they haven't I'm pretty sure they wouldn't admit it!

stating that you're a decent shot is well and fine, but should you ever have to use your weapon, I'm willing to bet that you will not a. be as calm as you are at the range b. take the time to aim and shoot or c. hit your target where you aimed.

why? because a lot of what I just described requires muscle memory. you have to GIVE it a memory before it becomes a memory.

How many times a year did you go to the range when you were in the army?

I know for SURE that it was at least 2 times a year. that was army wide s.o.p even for the tocroaches and remfs.

Guest kwikrnu
I do! believe me, all the folks that carry a firearm around me are competent. not only do they show me this on a regular basis, (yah, we have competitions sometimes) but they also show common sense and don't go looking for trouble by harassing folks. they allow the law to take its due course.

otherwise, I don't hang out with them and I certainly wouldn't allow them around my family!

every permit carrier here on this board practices. I can lay money on it that they've ALL gone to the range or practiced on their own private property at least ONCE. If they haven't I'm pretty sure they wouldn't admit it!

stating that you're a decent shot is well and fine, but should you ever have to use your weapon, I'm willing to bet that you will not a. be as calm as you are at the range b. take the time to aim and shoot or c. hit your target where you aimed.

why? because a lot of what I just described requires muscle memory. you have to GIVE it a memory before it becomes a memory.

How many times a year did you go to the range when you were in the army?

I know for SURE that it was at least 2 times a year. that was army wide s.o.p even for the tocroaches and remfs.

I've never harrassed anyone. If you count trying to collect a first party debt through an email a couple of calls and a visit to the business then there are a whole lot of people harrassing others.

If there were a law prohibiting people from reporting codes violations then let me know. People report codes violations daily and it is not harrassment.

You don't want people around your family who carry a gun and are not competent. How do you know if someone if competent? How do you really know if someone is carrying concealed next to you as you shop for groceries or something? The answer is you do not know. If you feel carrying the same gun for seven years, but not having range time in the last year is irresponsible why not suggest to law makers that the competence level must increase in this State?

Is this about practicing once? I have practice many many times. As I stated just not in the last year.

I went to the range a few times in basic and once in AIT. Never at my reserve unit the money was not budgeted. 4203rd USA hospital here in Nashville and my mos 91QASIY7 I was a sergeant E-6 promotable when I left in early 2001.

I've never harrassed anyone. If you count trying to collect a first party debt through an email a couple of calls and a visit to the business then there are a whole lot of people harrassing others.

If there were a law prohibiting people from reporting codes violations then let me know. People report codes violations daily and it is not harrassment.

You don't want people around your family who carry a gun and are not competent. How do you know if someone if competent? How do you really know if someone is carrying concealed next to you as you shop for groceries or something? The answer is you do not know. If you feel carrying the same gun for seven years, but not having range time in the last year is irresponsible why not suggest to law makers that the competence level must increase in this State?

Is this about practicing once? I have practice many many times. As I stated just not in the last year.

I went to the range a few times in basic and once in AIT. Never at my reserve unit the money was not budgeted. 4203rd USA hospital here in Nashville and my mos 91QASIY7 I was a sergeant E-6 promotable when I left in early 2001.

oof. the reserves. the most under-trained units in the army.

yah, get a lawyer man. you don't do yourself justice when you speak on a subject.:D

as for the rest, if you feel competent then I say fine. I suggest that you get SOME training though. hitting your target is the least of your problems if you ever need to use your firearm. its also the most important.

as for my family being around those that are incompetent...I'd bet on my wife any day of the week. I taught her to shoot and shes' hell on wheels with a pistol. that's all I can do where that's concerned.

Guest kwikrnu
oof. the reserves. the most under-trained units in the army.

yah, get a lawyer man. you don't do yourself justice when you speak on a subject.:D

as for the rest, if you feel competent then I say fine. I suggest that you get SOME training though. hitting your target is the least of your problems if you ever need to use your firearm. its also the most important.

as for my family being around those that are incompetent...I'd bet on my wife any day of the week. I taught her to shoot and shes' hell on wheels with a pistol. that's all I can do where that's concerned.

I've never spoke to anyone here. This is all a typing few lines here and there with people adding there opinions here and there. I'll have time for an opening and closing statement with out interruption. I'm pretty sure the judge will be lenient because this is a one sided order placed against me by a magistrate who probably approves everything that comes at him.

I called they will not do that. Anyway, shipping to and from Memphis with insurance is likely to cost more than $4.

There are computer hackers who will for $80 reset the programmer. I think it is against the licensing agreement from Hypertech. I'm pretty sure if Hypertech knows who is doing this they would sue them.

dude, thats simply not true. I just had one done by Hypertech in Memphis not too long ago. And yes, it cost $4.60 to send it to Memphis USPS priority mail... another $4.60 to get it back, that is if Hypertech wont pay the postage back.

Guest kwikrnu
dude, thats simply not true. I just had one done by Hypertech in Memphis not too long ago. And yes, it cost $4.60 to send it to Memphis USPS priority mail... another $4.60 to get it back, that is if Hypertech wont pay the postage back.

I called Hypertech and they said no to my request. I'm willing to call tomorrow and ask again. I'll record the conversation on a recorder. What are you going to give me if you are wrong?

Here are the words I will use.

Hello, my name is __________. I bought a used Hypertech programmer part # ______. It is vin locked. Will you please reset free of charge so I can use it?

BTW, I took my handgun class and qualifying at your shop back in 2001.

Edited by kwikrnu

Dang, I should charge y'all just for reading this #$%#$ thread.

I do a lot of marriage counseling- I get well paid for it ---it is hard, crazy-making work. Just like reading this thread has been.

I threw one couple out of my office a few years ago when it became apparent that neither was going to change, both were yelling, neither was listening, and my blood pressure was going up.

I hereby ban myself from reading anymore of this particular thread-- it is too much like work.

Good luck y'all.

I for one can vouch for anyone that I have seen around Tower being able to shoot.

Fine shooters one and all.

I still am not sure about all this litigation. And I really don't understand ratting some guy out for having a car on blocks. Heck around here that is a starter set for a junkyard. And a junkyard in yer yard is a status symbol.

To help with some thread drift now, Tower can you plan on being in Kingsport in May for our shoot?

I for one can vouch for anyone that I have seen around Tower being able to shoot.

I still am not sure about all this litigation. And I really don't understand ratting some guy out for having a car on blocks. Heck around here that is a starter set for a junkyard. And a junkyard in yer yard is a status symbol.

To help with some thread drift now, Tower can you plan on being in Kingsport in May for our shoot?

Heck is that what this whole mess is over, dang he must not be from around here, ifn you don't have at least 1 on blocks around here you loose your redneck status.

ifn you don't have at least 1 on blocks around here you loose your redneck status.

I been trying to get me a car just an old junker so as I can put it on blocks. But the Missus keeps pulling the plug on it. So I have to find other way to keep in the club. Beer drinking rides on the lawn mower, four wheelin at 2 am, Rebel flag flying, guns going bang all the time. I am trying anyway.

Ok,Ill be honest.I supported you in the beginning,and I have not read what you said anywhere else but here,but WOW!After reading all these pages im starting to wonder,and hell I even skipped a page or two.

I know good and well that anything computer related on a car needs to come from a dealer,or at least be a new oem part.This can even be said for stuff like a/c controls,or wiper controls,especially in new cars.But maybe you dont know this,so ill give you the benefit of the doubt here.

Now from what I gathered,you bought a part that would not work,and he would not give you a refund(you will not get a refund from a dealer on computer parts either)

You sold the part on Ebay for more then you paid for it.

Then to get even you decided sue this guy and report code violations to the city.In that process,you opened carried which scared these people,legal or not,you still scared them.Now because you tried to get even you now have a order of protection,and will lose your permit.

Did I catch everything here?

Now what I wonder since you said it was vin locked,and would not work on any car,are you going to get sued by the person to whom you sold it to?:D

Guest rufusgooch

No mattr what happens in court. The THP WILL know about to P.O. You will recieve a letter revoking your ccw permit. Depending on the evidence, you may get a visit, to inform you of the fact. Either way YOU must reapply; and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you were not in the wrong. The deision will be final. Your have better been right and you can prove it. If not...

Guest bulletproof

OMG! This thread is still going on? You know the sad part about this is for me is that I think I know this guy. Not personally, but I used to see him quite frequently not long ago. Everything kinda fell in place a second ago and it dawned on me. Happens when you start to get old I guess. The State likes to send certified letters and I think they give 10 days to turn in the HCP. Oh well, I'm outta here.

Edited by bulletproof
Guest dotsun

Regarding range time, it's been my admittedly anecdotal experience that some people get a permit because it's cool to say that they have one. They get the card, carry a gun for a few days, then just carry the card to show their friends.

Then there are the people that get the card with the intention of carrying a weapon daily in order to defend themselves. Those people are much more likely to actually practice with their weapons on a regular basis and have the common sense to understand that if their lives are in danger they'll need those skills to be sharp.

I have no problem with either of the above groups, it is a lifestyle change to lug a handgun around every time you leave the house and takes quite a bit of dedication. I worry about the third group, the ones who carry but don't practice. You are the first I've met that falls into that group and I would highly recommend you reconsider your choice to carry a gun without regular practice.

edited to add: I just saw there's another thread about this, can a mod move my post over there please?

Edited by dotsun
Guest jackdog

17 pages of this has given me a head ache. Get a lawyer you are stepping into deep ****.

I can only assume you carry open all the time so you can show your a bad ass or something.

You have'nt shot your gun in a year but yet your willing to trust your life on the gun and your abilities, You are now stepping into even deeper dodo.

Please change your thought process, before you screw up and give us all a bad rep.

hiya mike! that would be an affirmative! I intend for Julie and I to be there for the shoot. it means I'll work for 7 weeks instead of 6 but it'll be worth it just to shoot with you guys again and catch up!

I still owe boom a couple of packs of diapers. :)

+1 on what Jackdog said.

Edited by towerclimber37
Guest ser9mm

Theres a loooot of assuming going on in this thread...a lot of you are making quick judgments while admitting to not reading the entire thread or not knowing the whole story.

Seems to me that:

1) Guy got screwed out of money.

2) Guy attempted to get money back, using due process. Due process failed.

3) Next step in due process required him to locate an address. He did this while breaking no laws. Maybe open carrying isn't the best idea (not making any judgements, as I probably will on occasion) but the fact remains that he broke no laws. If he has told the entire story he neither trespassed nor harassed anyone, nor broke a law by carrying a weapon on their property.

4) Now it seems like he is sitting back letting due process take its course. The woman served an OP on him to try and scare him off. From the TNSpeed post it seems like the woman and the man he is after both have lengthy criminal records, while his seems to be fairly clean. That will have an impact in court, I guarantee.

Yeah, I'm only 20 years old. Take what I say for what you will, but that is what I have gathered out of this whole deal, on both sites.

Edited by ser9mm

Correct,he has broke no laws form what he has said,but why is his going after them in the first place?He re-sold the broke part to some unknowing person,in-return doing to them what was done to him.Plus I ,and everybody else here sees the revenge tactics he doing trying to report codes to the city.The more he speaks of this the more of the story comes out,I just wish I could be there in court to hear the real story,and see the outcome

Guest kwikrnu
Correct,he has broke no laws form what he has said,but why is his going after them in the first place?He re-sold the broke part to some unknowing person,in-return doing to them what was done to him.Plus I ,and everybody else here sees the revenge tactics he doing trying to report codes to the city.The more he speaks of this the more of the story comes out,I just wish I could be there in court to hear the real story,and see the outcome

Well this post and your previous show you have not read. I have explained this twice already once in depth including ebay item #'s. Now this is a third. I resold the part I bought from Jason on ebay. I did not ship the part and refunded the purchasers money because it turns out the hypertech I bought was vin locked. I should have known better than to sell it, but I trusted Jason when he said it was not vin locked.

The story is the same from beginning to end as I told it on TN speed two weeks ago. Nothing has changed.

The original post asked if this ex parte order affected my handgun carry permit and I had received various answers. Then I was drug into telling the story bit by bit. Would it have made more sense to tell it all right at the beginning? Probably. Why should I have to tell it all? Since I did now you know and the telling of every detail did not change anyones mind at all. So, lesson learned.

Court date is May 7th 8:15 am. Davidson County General Sessions.

You are more than welcome to attend. It is free and open to the public.

The court date for the hypertech is may 12 in williamson county and is free to all who to attend as well.

This is my last post on this thread.