Window Tinting?

willis68

I am looking to get the rest of the windows on my truck tinted. Can anyone recommend a good company to do this in the middle Tennessee area? I want it to look like it was done at the factory and to match the rear passenger and back window factory tint on my Rig,

Thanks in advance

It's not that hard to do yourself, especially on flat truck windows. I mirror tinted the windows on my wife's Chevy Express with film from AutoZone. That was done 1 year ago and it looks professionaly done. You can't be afraind to keep the film wet and use a small rubber squeegee to get every bit of fluid from underneath the film out. The curved rear windows were the hardest and I had to cut the film in strips to get it to lay flat.

I haven't used him yet, but a friend of mine recommended:

Music City Window Tinting

Dave Croft

My friend sells high end European cars and has used them for a while with good results.

Edited by dwwaldron

Extreme Window Tint is good. If I tint my current vehicle I will probably use him. I've known many of people personally who have used his place and his work always looked good. Be careful with the tint, tickets can end up costing more than the tint. 35% all around is the lowest allowed and that is total you have to factor in factory tint or frosting with the tint for the total number. Unless it is the few vehicles allowed by law to have darker.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...
I know this thread is a bit old.....but how did that tint work out from Performance Films? Still holding up? I'm needing to get my truck tinted and am looking for suggestions in the middle TN area, specifically as far south as Columbia and as far north as Nashville. Thanks

I know this thread is a bit old.....but how did that tint work out from Performance Films? Still holding up? I'm needing to get my truck tinted and am looking for suggestions in the middle TN area, specifically as far south as Columbia and as far north as Nashville. Thanks

I just had a car done yesterday at Music City Window Tint in Brentwood (behind the mall). I've been to two other places since 2006 and they have my business from now on. Cleanest shop for one thing and they digitally cut the film for your vehicle vs hand cutting it. PM for more info. Don't want to side track/high jack a thread.
Edit: spelling Edited by jhc77

They are top notch, they did my Raptor and the Shelby I traded the truck in for, it is the best tint job I could have hoped for
  • Like 1

In the event you aren't aware, not all film is created equal. There's tint for those who just want darker windows, then there's film that offers heat rejection, blocks more UV rays, never turns purple, etc. When you call around, don't be surprised if most quote you a price for their least expensive film, just to get you in the door. 

If cost is an issue, decide which level of film you want, then get quotes. 

• Like 1