CZ 82 Restoration

I'm hoping those wood grips will make it look better. Now just to figure out what wood/stain combo... To Woodcrafters!

Did you find some unfinished grips? If so, let us know, I might refinish one for a friend.

No, but I didn't think about looking for unfinished grips. I was just planning on going and buying some wood then cutting and sanding until I got it the way I wanted it. I'll look though and see if I can't find any.

No big deal, I was just asking since you indicated you were going to purchase finishing materials. I didn't realize that you were thinking about reworking finished grips.

I could cut you some blanks if you wanted to go that route, or you might be able to call Grips4u or marschal and see if they would do unfinished.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I have a scroll saw and a checkering tool. Even so, I put Grips4U on my 75 and 82 as they are great and the price is right. I'm not needing anything at the moment, but I thought you might have found another option for CZ grips in which I was unaware. I may be refinishing a friend's 82 soon and I'm always open for options.

Here's the 82 with the grips I bought.....

Now you've done gone and made me drool all over myself! That pistol is beautiful. I need a pair of those grips for mine. Where did you get them? I'm also looking forward to seeing your homemade ones when they are finished.

Now you've done gone and made me drool all over myself! That pistol is beautiful. I need a pair of those grips for mine. Where did you get them? I'm also looking forward to seeing your homemade ones when they are finished.

Thank you. There is a site called "Grips4u." They make grips for just about everything and they aren't too pricey either.

Let me explain this picture before anyone asks what it is. This is a picture of the slide release spring on a magnetic light. When attempting to put this spring in place at 1:30 in the morning, (mistake) the spring decided to go flying off into the room. There was some profanity and lack of a pulse for a minute. After about 30 minutes of searching on hands and knees with a large magnet to attempt to find this spring, I rolled over on the floor. Upon rolling over I happened to look up at this light which was sitting in a cup, on my desk. Much to my relief and amusement was this spring, stuck on the magnet. How it happened I have no clue and I don't really care either because I got my spring back. I felt that this was a picture that needed to be added and a story that needed to be told.

I know how you felt when you thought you lost that pin. When I was reassembling mine I BROKE it!

CZ-USA only sells the new L-shaped ones, so count your blessing. With the new ones, the frame must be drilled to allow the "L" part somewhere to anchor.

I lucked out and found a guy (Norm Sutton) in FL that makes them. I bought 4 In case he quits making them, since he appears to be the world's only source for this part.

BTW...your gun looks fabulous! Are you gonna start reloading Makarov rounds now that you went to so much trouble? I did :)

Edited by BigK

I know how you felt when you thought you lost that pin. When I was reassembling mine I BROKE it!

CZ-USA only sells the new L-shaped ones, so count your blessing. With the new ones, the frame must be drilled to allow the "L" part somewhere to anchor.

I lucked out and found a guy (Norm Sutton) in FL that makes them. I bought 4 In case he quits making them, since he appears to be the world's only source for this part.

BTW...your gun looks fabulous! Are you gonna start reloading Makarov rounds now that you went to so much trouble? I did :)

I might have to look into getting some from him. I was looking for spare parts online but really didn't put much effort into it. I just have a fear of parts breaking on me and not being able to replace them. Same with all my guns. I would like to start reloading for the 9x18 but think I might wait a little while. Do you use standard 9mm rounds and buy a different case or cut them down...?

I use 95gr Berry's plated bullets for reloading Maks. They are .364 (compared to .355 for Lugers) and shorter and lighter. If you run a Luger case through a Makarov sizing die and powder die (just to flare the mouth), you can trim a mm off the mouth and load it as a Makarov. First time being fired, the case will expand to the right specs. Since Luger brass is usually thicker, this produces a good result.

Edited by BigK