Don't think this is how the "stand your ground law" works

Guest peacexxl

Aw, go ahead, you'll hate it. They can dress it up on commercials, have pretty women smiling when they drink

it, but it still sucks.

Kinda like when they had chewing tobacco commercials on TV. Made it look as good as cake or pie.

Guest 6.8 AR

"Under President Obama, the group’s mission has expanded substantially."

I can only imagine...

They're an extension of "thought police".

Edited by 6.8 AR
Guest Lester Weevils

Never tried soy milk. Tried almond milk which was barely tolerable enough to drink rather than pour down the drain and waste the money. The rice milk, can't recall the brand but its the only brand rice milk sold at walmart and bilo. The rice milk is pretty tolerable. It doesn't work for making instant pudding. There is some chemical in real milk that is necessary to get pudding to set up, and rice milk doesn't contain that chemical.

One possible on the rice milk is its long unrefrigerated shelf life and it stores compact on the shelf in square boxes. For emergency supplies if you wanted some "drinkable milk-like goop" in the emergency supplies then the rice milk might be competitive against powdered milk and canned condensed milk. Powdered milk and condensed milk doesn't taste very good either. Rice milk might taste a little better than those.

Guest bkelm18

I have nipples Focker, can you milk me?

I knew a guy in the Navy that could squeeze fluid out of his nipple. Don't ask how or why I came to this knowledge. We got bored out to sea, deal with it. :P

Emergency Essentials (google it) has some great long-shelf-life powdered milk. Wonder of wonders, it tastes like milk, not chalk. I have a couple or three cases. The stuff tastes as good as store-bought, and works out cheaper these days.

That DOJ is pushing this matter surprises me not at all. Make it into a racial issue (energize the base), make it into SYG=Murder issue (push their pet ideologies and again, makes a few of their leftwingers happy), and above all, keep people talking about this rather than minor issues such as, say, the economy, inflation, jobs, energy costs.

And hey, Bkelm - I spent 29 years at sea. I was NEVER that bored. :D

Edited by Mark@Sea
Guest Lester Weevils

Emergency Essentials (google it) has some great long-shelf-life powdered milk. Wonder of wonders, it tastes like milk, not chalk. I have a couple or three cases. The stuff tastes as good as store-bought, and works out cheaper these days.

Thanks for the tip, Mark.

Yeah, looks like it is done. I still see references in comments elsewhere - all the BS debunked on this thread. Once again illustrating that what gets in the media first usually shapes the conversation, regardless of actual facts or later corrections.

IF this gets to trial, no way Zimmerman gets convicted. Hopefully no final verdict until after the election and Holder is out on the curb with a cup full of pencils, else the 'just-us' department will railroad him on some BS civil rights show-trial.

Guest mikedwood

Stupid stupid politicians...

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

I can see the end result of this. Making self defense carry more jail time than murder.

Add your link to this one from New York and I think the push is to make self defense illegal, because law enforcement will let the justice system set things right. Only when law enforcement gets the criminals the justice system just plops them back on the street, I wish more LEOs would call out the legal part of the system for being a turnstyle.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/police-commissioner-ray-kelly-push-arm-transit-workers-tasers-shockingly-bad-idea-article-1.1063893

Guest 6.8 AR

Gov. Scott is allowing this to stray from the reservation. I hope this is just more PR to appease.

No reasonable argument against SYG.

Edited by 6.8 AR