I hate Windows Vista

Guest c.a.s.

Guest c.a.s.

I've been using it for all of 2 hours now, and I absolutely hate it. It's a nice system, but they changed the most user-friendly aspects of XP, and made them worse. The new taskbar completely sucks, I can't find anything. Vista's control panel is completely missing the "Bluetooth" section, as to where my computer actually has it. The way the windows are is pretty cool, but still annoying. Did I mention I can't find anything? It took me a bit of time ot find the "power off" button so that it could install updates. I want XP back, but I currently can't due ot the fact I don't have a disk.

The labtop is really nice, though. It has S-Video so I can use it with a normal TV and it doesn't type anywhere neat as loud as a normal keyboard. Along with a built-in media card reader, which I'll end up using a LOT. It has bluetooth, but I just can't, for the life of me, figure out how it works. I could finally get all those completely random pictures off my phone if I could get it to work. It's got 3 gigs of RAM, and a 250GB hard drive. Built-in camera, too.

Rant and bragging over.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY

I hated Vista when I first started using it on my work desktop. Now, after many months of working with it, I've come to like it in some ways. It does bug me that a lot of stuff got moved- heck, I still have trouble finding infrequently-used settings- but that was just a matter of relearning some stuff. I really like the start menu search thing- it's a lot easier to start typing the name of an app I want to run than to hunt through the menu. And the best thing I ever did was to turn off User Access Control- those windows popping up for me to confirm every damn thing drove me batty.

That said, I have XP on my desktop at home, and even though I've gotten OK with Vista, I have no plans whatsoever to upgrade that computer any time soon, even though I've got a certificate for a free Vista upgrade. Nope, XP does just fine for me, but at least now I don't involuntarily curse when I hear the V-word.

:D

Guest c.a.s.

I haven't gotten over the involuntary cursing stage yet ^^;

How do I turn that User Access Control off? That IS really annoying.

The best thing I've seen so far is the mixer in Volume, it lets you control the volume level of individual programs. That is neat and useful. Woohoo, one thing.

Guest clutepc

UAC is under the User Accounts if I remember correctly...

+1 for Ubuntu,, running dual boot on my Laptop with XP,

I wish I could run linux for everything I do..

Guest c_o_jones

They have a classic start menu option that is more like what you're used to seeing.

Right click on the taskbar and select Properties.

Go to the Start Menu tab and check the Classic Start Menu option.

Press the OK button.

I've been using it for all of 2 hours now, and I absolutely hate it. It's a nice system, but they changed the most user-friendly aspects of XP, and made them worse. The new taskbar completely sucks, I can't find anything. Vista's control panel is completely missing the "Bluetooth" section, as to where my computer actually has it. The way the windows are is pretty cool, but still annoying. Did I mention I

can't find anything? It took me a bit of time ot find the "power off" button so that it could install updates. I want XP back, but I currently can't due ot the fact I don't have a disk.

The labtop is really nice, though. It has S-Video so I can use it with a normal TV and it doesn't type anywhere neat as loud as a normal keyboard. Along with a built-in media card reader, which I'll end up using a LOT. It has bluetooth, but I just can't, for the life of me, figure out how it works. I could finally get all those completely random pictures off my phone if I could get it to work. It's got 3 gigs of RAM, and a 250GB hard drive. Built-in camera, too.

Rant and bragging over.

Sounds like someone got a new HP

Sounds like someone got a new HP

Vista *shudders* requires that kind of system to begin making an attempt at being a functional operating system. I won't upgrade to Vista until it's had it's second service pack, or when Microsoft terminates update support for XP Pro, whichever comes last.

Or as some of Rabbi's more cultural clients would put it: XP fo' life dawg!

Guest Phantom6

I've been using VISTA for about two months now and at first I was scared to death of it because I'd heard horror stories. Vista is a real memory hog and many folks try and save money by scrimping on memory. Because of the imaging work that I do I needed a lot of memory so I have more than most. My Vista runs fast and smooth with no issues. Yeah a lot of stuff has been moved around and it took a week or so to find all my normal tools but other than that I had no issues.

The only Mac that I want is a Big one, no fries but I will take a meduim Dr. Pepper with it- to go please. :up:

Guest Boomhower
Interesting, if true. I can see some vista lovers scrambling to turn off their automatic updates. :up::lol:

I've been using vista for about 6 months now, and have never been able to get an update downloaded, period. I can not for the life of me figure it out, but I'm to lazy to have anyone look at it. It still works great, and I like vista a lot. I use XP at work and vista at home and do not have any problems with using either of them, and I am a computer putz. :)

Vista *shudders* requires that kind of system to begin making an attempt at being a functional operating system. I won't upgrade to Vista until it's had it's second service pack, or when Microsoft terminates update support for XP Pro, whichever comes last.

Or as some of Rabbi's more cultural clients would put it: XP fo' life dawg!

We purchased a couple computers at Best Buy this weekend (Tax free weekend FTW) and it sucks that all elventy billion computers they had in stock was running on Vista :up:

Hope I dont have issues networking these things....

Guest Boomhower
We purchased a couple computers at Best Buy this weekend (Tax free weekend FTW) and it sucks that all elventy billion computers they had in stock was running on Vista :up:

Hope I dont have issues networking these things....

I found networking pretty easy on vista. It got a little tricky when I was networking vista to XP though, but I did succeed.